Data Engineer at Sytac IT Consulting (Amsterdam, Netherlands)
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-11-12 05:01:25
On the lookout for a Data Engineer [Hadoop Cluster Management]
We aim to empower people to have a head start in life and in business. We recognise powerful and positive brand recognition from customers in various countries, with a strong financial position, omni-channel distributional strategy and international network. Are you looking to work at a place where you can make a difference by enabling and implementing technologies to generate data driven products and solve pressing IT infrastructure challenges? This might just be the right one for you!
We strive for great potential in progress and innovation in IT Data and Analytics. The key differentiator in data and analytics contributes to the transformation of personalised services in our IT infrastructure domain. Practices such as continuous improvement in operational processes and creating new and innovative data-driven products elevate beyond traditional IT.
Join us on a mission to build and expand our data and analytics effort around capabilities of data, technology, customer journey, UX, as well as external partnerships.
What you are:
Someone with a keen eye on IT, Data, and Management of large clusters. You will be hands-on within the field of data engineering to leverage the infrastructure data and transfer AI Ops towards IT Operations. Having passion towards IT infrastructure and modern enterprise datacenters, you will have a lot of room to experiment and innovate in this relatively new field of infrastructure domain. As a Hadoop cluster management specialist, your primary focus will be in setting up and getting the analytics clusters operational ready.
You are responsible for:
- Developing, constructing, testing, and maintaining architectures (e.g. databases and large-scale processing systems).
- Recommending and implementing ways to improve data reliability, efficiency, and quality.
- Showing deep knowledge of SQL/NoSQL, database design, and several programming languages.
- Maintaining smooth flow of communication across departments to understand the possible gain from large datasets.
- Giving easier access to raw data through understanding company and client’s objectives.
- Using available tools to support design, analysis, and exploration of datasets.
- Delivering ideas to business when data and results are available.
- Implementing and maintaining IT risks and security controls.
- Understanding the need for data governance.
- Assisting users to understand data science principles whilst bringing forward data literacy.
Do you recognise yourself in this profile:
- Knowledge of data manipulation and transformation, (e.g. SQL)
- Hands-on experience building complex data pipelines (e.g. ETL)
- Experience in setting up both SQL as well as noSQL databases
- Good understanding of the field of Enterprise Infrastructure, data science, analytics techniques
- Affinity with Advanced Analytics and Data Science
- Good communication skills at technical and business level
- Hands-on experience in using data and continuous delivery tools and pipelines (e.g. Azure DevOps)
- Hands-on experience in managing and improving Microsoft SQL Server (e.g. RDBMS platform)
- Programming and scripting languages (e.g. Powershell / C-Sharp)
- Excellent technical understanding of the MS Windows Operating System
- Affinity with Engineering, Analytics, Reporting and Dashboarding
- You have good communication skills at technical and business level
- You are eager to learn new technologies and acquire interpersonal skills.
- You are able to build data solutions with your full-stack capabilities.
- You feel comfortable in a high-performing team and will speak up when needed.
- You are a master at problem-solving with a creative mindset to find the right solution.