Technical Project Manager at Susco (New Orleans, LA) (allows remote)
Location: New Orleans, LA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-11-16 05:00:58
This individual will work directly under the Director of Projects. They will work with clients, and client vendors to grasp a complete understanding of multiple simultaneous projects' scope, and effectively communicate this to development team and other stakeholders.
This is a full time, not contract, WFH position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage client expectations in regards to schedule, budget, and quality
- Research, design, and plan mobile, web, database, or application software
- Work with developers and architects to create work breakdown structures and project schedules considering resource availability and skillset.
- Manage the workflow of the software development life cycle from scoping, to design, development, QA, production implementation and post launch support.
- Gather business requirements and work with Tech Leads to develop technical specifications.
- Design database schema
- Reverse Engineer legacy software to create functional requirements from the user interface and/or code standpoint
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Assist in sales calls with potential customers.
- Work directly with the sales department, clients and developers to produce estimates and proposals for software development.
- Work with the QA department to validate development output in terms of both functionality and quality.
- Review and validate time entries from development team.
- Own the cost, quality, and scope of projects that they manage.
- Be able to design and manage the development of software around complex business processes.
- 7-10+ years of work experience
- preferably working as a Business Analyst first and then transitioning to Project Management
- 5+ years of recent project management experience in software development
- 2+ year of Software Development Life Cycle experience (analysis, design, development, testing, and implementation) and Design Patterns experience.
- Have a technical background, preferably recent SQL, .NET, or iOS experience.
- Ability to read and write SQL queries.
- Experience working with Enterprise-level clients
- Experience working in agile and waterfall methodologies.
- Experience performing business analysis for software development projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A high bar for quality
- Knowledge of source control systems like Git, SVN, etc.
Nice-to-have Qualifications (** strongly):
- **PMP Certification
- **Experience working as a Scrum Master
- Recent software development experience in web development or mobile app development