(Senior) Full-Stack Software Engineer for 20 Minuten news platform (f/m/d) 80-10 at TX Group (Zürich, Switzerland)
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-11-17 05:01:18
Senior) Full-Stack Software Engineer for 20 Minuten news platform (f/m/d) 80-100%
Thanks for checking out our opening for a Full-Stack Software Engineer at 20 Minuten, TX Group.
At 20 Minuten, we love tech and are always thinking about what’s next! Trying out new things and optimizations are part of our spirit. We work hard to build and run the most-read media platform in Switzerland. We are ambitious and growing, and need to expand our team to realize the great ideas we have.
What you’ll do
You’ll help to evolve a platform that supports close to 6.5M unique visitors a month. Contributing to areas such as:
- Creating, maintaining and evolving Server and Client-side applications.
- Collaborating with product management, design, analytics and journalists to understand the problems we want to solve and exploring how we can solve them.
- Having significant decision-making power on the technologies and architecture that we use to build the platform.
- Supporting other team members through pair programming, code reviews, and ad-hoc assistance.
- Taking ownership of your code/task/role.
- Being proud of what you achieve, of the product, and being one of the driving forces behind always making it better.
- Partnering with your engineering manager to grow your team and career
What you’ll bring
We are looking for creative problem solvers and diverse thinkers, who are motivated to learn new things, ship new features, and pursue new and interesting challenges. People who care about culture as well as the success of the team.
Our backend stack is mainly focused around NodeJS (100% TypeScript) and the frontend is mainly built using React/NextJS. However, if you’re passionate about learning new things then prior experience with NodeJS and React is not essential.
You probably have 5 or more years of experience as a software engineer.
You are used to collaborating closely with other engineers and product managers to become a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team.
You love designing, implementing, and deploying services with a focus on high availability, low latency, and consistency.
You are familiar with one or more frontend frameworks such as React, Angular, Vue, or Ember.
You know your way around NoSQL and relational databases.
You understand the importance of monitoring and are proud to manage the application in production: you build it, you run it, you love it!
It’s also great if you know a bit about container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
What we offer
- International team and working environment of talented and fun people.
- Agile environment, top-notch tech stack!, occasional Hackathons.
- Opportunity to grow both professionally and personally in a stimulating environment.
- Excellent work-life balance and some percentage of work from home office.
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of a Swiss based subsidiary.
We do not accept unsolicited applications from third-party agencies.