Software Engineer at Adaptavist (Toronto, ON, Canada)
Location: Toronto, ON, Canada
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-11-20 05:00:36
Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
About The Role
As a Cloud Software Engineer, you will help us to build out a platform and contribute to apps, working with cutting-edge serverless technology, that will help teams globally to work more effectively. You’ll be working in a small, new team that Adaptavist has built to deliver Slack apps. Working on existing and brand new products, you will help us to define, improve and deliver the team’s processes and infrastructure.
We want you to contribute to engineering best practices within the team that will be leveraged to own features from idea, development, test, to release, while recognizing and paying down technical debt. We practice continuous integration and delivery, so you will be shipping to production daily, getting fast feedback, and improving. You’ll also be required to work closely with support to investigate and resolve issues in production.
What You'll Be Doing
- Evaluation of existing solutions, new products, and ecosystems. Analysis, design, implementation, deployment, and QA of new features, bug fixes, and improvements. Assisting with application monitoring, error triage, and the support process.
- Propose improvements for applications, systems, and methodologies. (i.e Point out issues with the existing architecture and/or code, offer potential improvements, spot and clean up code smells).
- Facilitate communication with the rest of the team, including other developers, tech lead,, product managers, marketing team, documentation, QA, and support, to achieve the team and product objectives.
- A strong team player mindset. Experience with development team activities such as UX design reviews, technical brainstorming sessions, code reviews etc. Ability to effectively collaborate on ideas and designs within a startup like environment, graciously accepting and giving feedback within a close knit team.
What We're Looking For
- Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar experience with cloud based services
- Understanding of serverless and micro-services oriented architecture and REST APIs
- Experience working with databases (preferably NoSQL databases such as DynamoDB, etc)
- Familiarity working within an agile environment and agile software development methodologies
- Capability to work in a remotely distributed team (happy communicating on Slack, Zoom etc.)
A few nice to haves
- Slack and/or Microsoft Teams app development experience
- Experience with NodeJS and OAuth 2.0
- Experience with Atlassian tools, especially JIRA, Bitbucket, and Confluence (experience writing connect plugins or 3LO apps is a bonus)
- Working knowledge and hands-on experience with AWS services (specifically AWS Lambda, Cloudwatch, Xray, SNS, SQS, DynamoDB, API Gateway, S3, SSM, and EFS)
- Experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery, and infrastructure as code (AWS CDK would be a bonus)
- Experience working within a small team of developers or in a startup environment
Please check out our website to review our global benefits!
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us. We look forward to your application!