Senior/Staff Full Stack Engineer (Ruby on Rails) at Forge (San Francisco, CA)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-11-21 05:00:56
- Design, implement, and maintain data-driven web applications.
- Work with Architects, Tech Leads, and Stakeholders to arrive at solutions that drive business value.
- Mentor members of the development team on internal and external frameworks, software development best practices, and new technologies, while emphasizing outcomes over specific technologies.
- Gain an understanding of business requirements, current system operations/functionality and proposed new requirements.
- Collaborate with Forge’s product, design, information security and business team members to quickly grasp domain knowledge.
- Design, build and maintain automated unit and integration tests.
- Develop concise, articulate and detailed documentation
- Present engineering proposals, concepts, wins and outcomes to a variety of audiences including internal engineering groups, cross-functional teams and other organizations within Forge.
- Support healthy system operations and ensure high levels of availability are achieved.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of software engineering experience (8+ for staff engs).
- Experience developing, building, testing, deploying, maintaining, and operating, multi-tier web applications using modern techniques.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and help drive innovation.
- Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time in an office setting while working.
- Fintech or Financial services industry experience
- Advanced knowledge of Functional Programming
- Experience mentoring junior software engineers
- Proven track-record of teamwork and delivery
- Experience at high-growth, venture-backed startups
- Working knowledge of the private market, financial regulators and their concerns
- Experience developing with Ruby on Rails strongly preferred
- Experience with Event-Driven architectures, DDD and/or CQRS a big plus