Experienced Frontend Developer at DFDS A/S (Copenhagen, Denmark)
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-11-22 05:00:46
Experienced Frontend Developer
We are looking for a seasoned frontend developer to join our Digital Experience Platform (DXP) team at DFDS. The main objective of the DXP team is to provide tools, technology, and support for other digital builders at DFDS without having them to start from scratch every time they set out in making a new digital experience.
Lead the way to an even better way of managing content
You will be tasked with developing a product that allows serving users forms on our marketing site based on the input provided by our content creators on our headless CMS space on Contentful. Along with other experienced frontend and full stack developers on the team, you will have the responsibility and freedom to take technically drive the project and produce innovative solutions in response to stakeholder input. Additionally, you will take part developing fresh solutions and maintaining existing ones on our marketing site and maintaining cross platform UX through supporting our design system and React component library. Frontend work will include working with React, Gatsby, Contentful and you will be integrating towards a NestJS backend.
In addition to this, you will be asked to take part in:
- Participate in maintenance and development of the CMS integration.
- Support other product teams in relation to the CMS integration.
- Consume building blocks of our digital identity – DFDS system and shared UI component library.
- Take part and organize hackathons / experiments in exploring next generation technologies and present findings at internal developer community events.
You’ll be part of Technology & Innovation, one of DFDS’ five divisions. It’s the second biggest division in the company, with over 300 people in three European hubs. This is proof of our belief in a digital future. DFDS employs more than 8,000 people on land and sea all over Europe. Read more about us.
Preferred professional candidate
Preferred personal candidate profile
We create things that help our customers and our business. You’ll need to think that way and be happy working with colleagues who have the same focus.
This means you;
- Have the willingness to work with stakeholders to both understand the bigger picture and figure out details.
- Are not being only about code, instead see it as creating and crafting.
- Are comfortable with presenting work at sprint reviews
- Can support a professional yet relaxed team chemistry
- Are committed to high development standards.
We are an agile company. Experience with agile working is a definite plus. If you don’t have experience, we’ll expect you to tell us why agile appeals to you.
If you find the job interesting and you fulfill the expectations, please submit your CV in English. We will evaluate applications on an ongoing basis. All applications will be treated confidentially.
The position will be filled as soon as possible.