Full Stack Software Developer at CAST (London, UK) (allows remote)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-11-23 05:00:05
Were looking for a self-directed and talented individual whos passionate about tech for good to join our product development team.
- Type: 12 months fixed term contract with possibility to extend
- Start date: Immediate/soon as possible
- Hours: Full time (5 days per week)
- Location: Remote
- Salary: £45,000
CAST helps people use digital for social good. We're on a mission to create a more responsive, resilient and digitally-enabled social sector by supporting nonprofits to embed digital and design across their services, strategy and governance and working with sector leaders, funders and government to make this happen.
CAST is a six-year old charity made up of incredibly dedicated designers, technologists, activists and entrepreneurs. Collectively we have deep experience and a great reputation across charity and civil society, design, digital and innovation. The past year has proven how vital digital is to charities, and with it, how important CASTs work and mission.
This role will play a critical role in driving social sector change by building digital tools and infrastructure that help tens of thousands of charities to better use digital themselves to tackle social issues.
We are keen to welcome someone with a proven track record of building valuable and well used digital products, who's looking to have a positive social impact with their work.
What You'll Achieve
You'll form an integral part of our team, working alongside our Head of Technology, Head of Product, programme managers and service designers. Together you'll work with all areas of the organisation from research to service design, marketing to customer support, in order to build the most impactful products. You'll be involved in scoping of projects as well as design sprints to come up with feature ideas. Once the build starts, you'll be responsible for delivering engineering excellence, whilst pragmatically balancing speed, scope and quality to deliver working products quickly. Youll be a fan of Working in the Open, of Open Source and Open Data standards.
- Build digital tools and infrastructure which help charities to confidently use digital tools and processes to achieve their charitable objectives.
- Be responsible for and lead the way on the most challenging technical aspects of our products.
- Establish and uphold software development best practice for the team
- Salary of £45,000, 5 days per week role.
- Working in a dynamic and creative team with an open and supportive culture
- Opportunity to make a positive social impact
- 30 days holiday a year, plus bank holidays
- Flexible and fully remote working
- Family Friendly Benefits: we are committed to supporting staff in achieving a sensible work-life balance
- Group personal pension scheme