UI/UX Designer at AutoRek (Edinburgh, UK)
Location: Edinburgh, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-11-23 05:00:51
Using your excellent user experience and user interface design skills, ability to carry out research and collect user feedback, ability to create and design wireframes, mockups, user-flows and prototypes and your eye for visual design and brand-awareness, you will be designing and improving the user experience for the entire AutoRek product suite.
You will be working closely with the rest of the development team on all elements of the user interface design as well as liaising closely with our Marketing team for brand awareness and our Delivery and Customer relations teams to understand user requirements and user issues as well as evangelizing the benefits of the latest changes you will have implemented.
- Execute the full UX/UI design process, starting from user stories, collecting user feedback, wireframing, rapid prototyping and designing professional, aesthetically pleasing layouts.
- Carry out usability studies, capture feedback and metrics and incorporate into the design
- Create and maintain the user interface design standard.
- Provide QA support on development deliverables in respect of the design standards
- Develop the necessary cross-functional relationships to understand the needs of the various teams and the company as a whole
- Collaborate effectively to build concepts and prototypes to continue the development of the core product and new features, building support and buy-in as required.
- Use the necessary tools and utilities to create, optimize and manage the digital assets used for the user interfaces.
- Be comfortable to working to established goals without direct supervision, taking the initiative when necessary.
- Provide regular updates on progress and more generally, take part in the daily and weekly processes operated by the team.
Experience and Skills
- Knowledge of UI/UX principles and best practices
- Attention to detail
- Good visual design skills
- Good written skills
- Good influencing and interpersonal skills
- Data-driven approach to problem solving
- Experience with the Software Development Lifecycle
- Awareness of security issues and principles within web applications
- Awareness of accessibility issues and principles within web applications
Along with the usual package you would expect today including a competitive salary, private healthcare, income protection and life cover. We know that there is more to life and offer a supportive and flexible environment where team and community is key. We want to support everyone in achieving their career aspirations and goals and understand our success is only determined by the success of our team. Our team across the business has the opportunity to drive innovation and we encourage everyone to take an active part in progressing the business.
All this and not to mention the amazing brand new office, excellent kit, a health and well-being programme, access to Pluralsight and other training resources, annual away day, and many other organised and impromptu social activities throughout the year.
If this sounds like a team you want to be part of, then apply today! Email your CV and covering letter to [email protected].