IT Audit Supervisor at Baker Hughes (Houston, TX)
Location: Houston, TX
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-11-23 05:00:59
Do you enjoy being part of a successful team?
Are you passionate about providing complex technical solutions?
Be part of the IT Audit Team
The IT Audit Supervisor will oversee the testing and analysis of general computer control (GCC), regulatory controls and work collaboratively with the control operators. The IT Audit Supervisor will lead and supervise staff and Senior IT Auditors and provide guidance on execution of audit program. Assess risk posed by potential findings and present the finding to the auditees and senior management. Stay aware of emerging technologies and risks.
As the IT Audit Supervisor, you will be responsible for:
- Assist in planning, execution, and delivery IT Audits, covering a range of applications, and technology platforms
- Lead, and supervise day-to-day work of the Staff and Senior IT Auditors
- Prepares audit findings and workpapers to ensure that adequate documentation exists to support the completed audit and conclusions
- Drafting and review audit reports and effectively communicate findings to internal audit management and other stakeholders.
- Assessing the risk presented by potential findings, provide recommendations to mitigate the identified risks and effectively communicate the findings and proposed actions plans to the internal audit management and to auditees and senior management
- Acting as a liaison between IT Audit and business/technical functions
- Completing assigned audit tasks including testing of controls and audit areas with minimum supervision
- Serving as the first line of escalation for audit findings and project complications for the audit team
- Being a technical subject matter expertise for team members
- Staying abreast of emerging technologies and risks
- Developing and implement ideas for continuous improvement of team effectiveness and efficiency
Fuel your passion
To be successful in this role you will:
- Experience with a leading professional firm in the field of internal/external IT audit, or IT Risk and Compliance is a plus.
- Understanding of IT audit methodology, techniques, control frameworks such as NIST Cyber Security Framework, ISO 27001, COBIT etc., risk based and agile auditing.
- Experience with automation tools (such as Microsoft Power Automate) is a plus
- Understanding of IT audit procedures, techniques, internal control concepts, risk based and agile auditing
- Self-motivated individual who takes initiative
- Effectively manage competing priorities with minimal supervision
- Comfortable working in complex environment
- Flexible in working and coordinating with global teams
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills (oral and written), and presentation skills
- Strong technical, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Uses good judgment - fair and objective
- Commitment to Baker Hughes Core Values
Work in a way that works for you
We recognize that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Flexible work arrangements, including working remotely from home potentially up to 2-3 days per week
Working with us
Our people are at the heart of what we do at Baker Hughes. We know we are better when all of our people are developed, engaged and able to bring their whole authentic selves to work. We invest in the health and well-being of our workforce, train and reward talent and develop leaders at all levels to bring out the best in each other.
Working for you
Our inventions have revolutionized energy for over a century. But to keep going forward tomorrow, we know we have to push the boundaries today. We prioritize rewarding those who embrace change with a package that reflects how much we value their input. Join us, and you can expect:
- Contemporary work-life balance policies and wellbeing activities
- Comprehensive private medical care options
- Safety net of life insurance and disability programs
- Tailored financial programs
- Additional elected or voluntary benefits
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we’re committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we’re always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company with a global reach and exciting services and clients? Come join us and grow with a team of people who will energize and inspire you!