Senior Full Stack Web Developer at Launch That (Orlando, FL)
Location: Orlando, FL
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-11-24 05:00:07
At Launch That, we celebrate our success and offer a vibrant and fun culture that focuses on relationships and collaboration! In addition to a full suite of benefits, our team members enjoy a unique break room with complimentary Xbox, arcade games, hot beverages on demand, fountain drinks, and a robust snack bar! We volunteer in our community, and we have exciting company events. We work hard and appreciate work/life balance, so all of our team members enjoy a paid company-wide Holiday Break from December 24th - January 1st each year!
Launch That is an established leader in the world of digital marketing! We have a track record of creating vibrant, successful digital brands. Our core competencies are SEO and SEM -- inbound marketing -- and we are known for building websites that have excellent content.
Our mission is to connect people to extraordinary resources.
Launch That was founded in 2007 as an entrepreneurial digital marketing startup that's grown from 2 founders in a garage to almost 100 digital, tech, creative and content professionals in the heart of downtown Orlando. We're on the cutting edge of digital marketing with a vision to build the most valuable digital brands. We believe we will achieve this by connecting people to extraordinary resources. Launch That's core talent is exceptional. Many team members have 10+ years of experience in digital industries across extremely competitive business lines. However, it's our culture that distinguishes us. We're a close-knit, interactive company with a passion to build something special. This is exemplified by our state-of-the-art workplace which we designed and own ourselves. It is also demonstrated in our unique, fun events where we celebrate our successes. We believe that our work starts and ends with our team - and it's that focus that makes us one of the best places to work, not just in Orlando, but in the country.
The health and safety of our team is our highest priority and we embrace a hybrid working model that consists of work-from-home opportunities with in-office days to maximize team collaboration and flexibility. We are a conscientious workplace and make recommended changes to our return to office practices, as warranted by changing conditions in our area. Collaboration will be necessary in the physical office for a specified number of days per week.
The Senior Full Stack Web Developer will be responsible for collaborating with senior technical leaders and developers to architect, develop and maintain full stack technical solutions for new and existing websites. The ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of multiple programming languages, an analytical mindset, a keen eye for detail, and will have demonstrated experience with application development. Additionally, this role is expected to reflect expertise, autonomy and self-direction in its approach to the responsibilities assigned below.
Overall Business Impact: Productivity & Responsibilities
- Collaborate with senior technical leaders and other developers to architect, develop, and maintain enterprise-level websites and technical solutions.
- Assist with the creation of scoping documents including but not limited to process flow diagrams, integration architecture flows and functional specifications, as needed.
- Identify opportunities for improving websites and work with the team to evaluate new features and enhancements.
- Write clean, scalable, modular, well structured, testable code.
- Monitor, troubleshoot, debug and fix technical issues and bugs.
- Write unit tests to ensure applications pass technical requirements.
- Refactor existing code for better performance, standardization, and design.
- Seek continuing education opportunities (webinars, conferences, or online courses) on a yearly basis to ensure ongoing pursuit of professional knowledge in areas related to items within the role's purview.
- Be a participant in technology, website and stack development discussions.
- Be a participant in stand-ups, backlog grooming, and other agile ceremonies as required by project management and operations.
- Share trends, best practices and other information garnered through ongoing education efforts via blog posts, presentations, training sessions, and other methods of communication.
- Provide ideas and technical perspective related to website and application development to members of the development team.
- Performs duties not specifically identified herein, as assigned, in order to assist with the needs of the development team.
- The Senior Full Stack Web Developer reports to the Development Manager. This position will also interact with other developers, middle managers and senior technical leaders within their project team.
Qualifications & Skills
- 3+ years of demonstrated application development experience.
- Development experience with modern technologies, languages, and frameworks including but not limited to:
- Content Management Systems (Wordpress, Joomla, Shopify)
- Back-end programming (PHP, Python, Ruby)
- Development frameworks (Node.js, React, Vue, Angular, Laravel)
- Package management (Yarn, NPM)
- Rest APIs, GraphQL and Web Services
- Distributed storage (AWS S3) and relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
- Strong knowledge of DevOps and CI/CD concepts (GIT, CI/CD pipelines, automation testing).
- Strong knowledge of computer science fundamentals (algorithms, data structures, logic, etc.).
- Strong analytical, organizational, and detail-oriented skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Working knowledge of Scrum and Kanban methodologies and their application in Agile product delivery.
- Working knowledge of microservices and service-oriented-architecture concepts.
Why Work @ Launch That?
- In 2020 and 2021, we received recognition as being a best place to work!
- We invest in ourselves and our community (read more about How We Give Back)
- We value ideas, creativity, and productivity. People who succeed at Launch That are those who are passionate about their roles and our mission.
We know benefits are an important part of a Rocketeer's professional life, and we evaluate and update them on a recurring basis. We offer employer paid short and long-term disability insurance, 401K, an Employee Assistance Plan, generous PTO including Maternity and Paternity leave, as well as career growth opportunities, and more!