Senior Front End Developer at Gamesys Group (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-11-24 05:00:35
Gamesys is a Bally’s Corporation company and forms part of one of the world’s leading entertainment providers, with tens of millions of players and thousands of employees across the globe.
Take a look at our Gamesys brands & sites - Virgin, Jackpotjoy, Vera&John, Monopoly - they’re some of the best-known names in our industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a big, international group with some great brands and an exciting future. You’ll feel part of one global family, working with smart people, and delivering a great experience for our players. There’s one thing we expect from you, over and above everything else. Be yourself. One of the values in our DNA is ‘stay wonderfully weird’ – and that applies to all of us.
The Gamesys marketing development teams work on a set of frameworks designed to enable the fast delivery of on-site promotions and offers across all client facing products in the Gamesys portfolio. As a team we choose our own technologies and expect everyone to have an opinion on our direction and code.
Our frameworks and tooling are written using React and Redux and we are frequently adding new features to engage our players and improve our workflow. We are in the process of re-designing our core architecture in preparation for an exciting new feature set that we aim to introduce to our players over the course of next year.
We are looking for a Front End Developer to join our fast paced development team with a passion for creating engaging interactive experiences. We value quality and collaboration. We use test driven development, pair program where appropriate, code review (with GitHub), have quality assurance engineers within the team and favour a whiteboard to help solve our problems.
We’re always open to new ideas and we love to learn new things. You will be encouraged to learn new skills both within and outside of your role.
You will be able to
- Deliver new and enhance existing interactive promotions.
- Follow responsive design principles to ensure our websites support multiple devices and multiple browsers on both desktop and mobile.
- Support your team to meet commitments, being proactive in ensuring that impediments of any kind are escalated.
- Collaborate closely with designers and non-technical stakeholders.
- Deliver high quality, well tested software that meets the agreed requirements.
- The ability to work to in-house standards, guidelines and processes.
- Work under pressure and close deadlines.
- HTML5, CSS3
- Git (GitHub)
- CSS Animations
- Mobile-first responsive design
Exposure to any or several of the following technologies, principles and disciplines will be beneficial:
- Styled components
- Agile (Scrum/Kanban)
- Any full-stack experience
- A passion for automation (from automating the day-to-day, to CI, CD, testing, and beyond)
- Experience producing cross-browser compatible code
- Experience with and knowledge of design patterns
- Experience with TDD/BDD