Solutions Consultant (Technical and/or Business) at AutoRek (Glasgow, UK)
Location: Glasgow, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-11-24 05:00:58
AutoRek is a leading provider of financial controls, regulatory reporting and data management software. Established in 1994, we are a fast-paced and innovative FinTech with an impressive customer base made up of some of the world’s leading financial services institutions and we continue to go from strength to strength.
As we approach 2021, we have set ourselves some ambitious but exciting objectives for the coming years, including significantly growing our customer base within the UK and Internationally. We know to achieve our objectives we need the right people to join our fantastic team.
We are now seeking Solutions Consultants to join our growing Professional Services team to help us meet the market demands. We welcome applications from candidates coming from a Technical (IT implementation) background, Business consultant background or if you have a combination of both.
From boutique asset management firms under strict regulatory obligations to Tier 1 banks, you will be working with a customer base where no two implementations are the same. Data types, business processes, sector requirements and understanding the individual challenges that customers face are just some of the aspects our Consultants need to consider.
Working closely with your immediate team as well as teams across our business, your role will be to forge customer relationships, gain understanding of requirements and deliver the right solution for each customer every time
These roles are demanding but are an exciting opportunity to be part of a growing team with excellent potential for career progression within the FinTech industry.
Currently our teams are working remotely, but when restrictions allow, you will be based out of our Head Office located in the heart of Glasgow’s innovation district. We will be offering a blended model of remote and office-based days. Please note there will be aspects of travel to client site when restrictions allow and providing it is safe to do so.
- Design and configuration of solutions on the AutoRek platform.
- Understand, document, and communicate business requirements.
- Work within a variety of project environments and build/delivery styles.
- Build relationships and understanding with client staff and stakeholders.
- Travel within UK and Internationally.
We welcome applications from candidates coming from a Technical (IT implementation) background, Business consultant background or if you have a combination of both. You will have a mature and motivated outlook with a clear focus on delivering for customers.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a data or business focussed role such as business analyst, project manager, SQL/BI developer or similar.
- Ideally, educated to degree level in a computing related, business or highly numerate subject desirable.
- Experience in writing and interpreting specification documentation.
- Working within an agile methodology such as Scrum.
- Team player with a methodical and reliable approach to problem solving.
- Outstanding communication skills – both verbal and written.
- Knowledge of database querying, ideally on Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience of multiple aspects of design & build of Reporting, ETL, MI/BI.
- Knowledge of Cloud platforms (Azure, AWS) would be advantageous
We offer a competitive salary, private healthcare, income protection and life cover. In addition, we know that there is more to life than work; we pride ourselves in fostering not just “a workplace”, but a community in which our primary value is “People First”. We want to support everyone in achieving their career aspirations and promote a culture of learning, developing, and sharing knowledge. Everyone across the business plays a part in driving innovation and we encourage the whole team to take an active part in progressing the business. To top it all off, you will work with a fantastic group of people who you will get to know at the many social activities throughout the year, including our now legendary annual away-day.
If this sounds like a team you want to be part of, then apply today by e-mailing your CV and cover letter to the email address provided
Please note, only applicants progressing to the next stage will be contacted.