Java Software Engineer - Bingo at Gamesys Group (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-11-25 05:00:16
Gamesys is a Bally’s Corporation company and forms part of one of the world’s leading entertainment providers, with tens of millions of players and thousands of employees across the globe.
Take a look at our Gamesys brands & sites - Virgin, Jackpotjoy, Vera&John, Monopoly - they’re some of the best-known names in our industry. Join us and you’ll be joining a big, international group with some great brands and an exciting future. You’ll feel part of one global family, working with smart people, and delivering a great experience for our players. There’s one thing we expect from you, over and above everything else. Be yourself. One of the values in our DNA is ‘stay wonderfully weird’ – and that applies to all of us.The Role
Gamesys has a huge portfolio of exciting and highly successful games, enjoyed by millions of players around the world.
This role is for a server side engineer in our Bingo team. You will collaborate daily with other backend and front end engineers to expand and improve our current Bingo game platform, work with your team members to deliver elegant solutions and to troubleshoot difficult problems.
- Collaborates effectively with other team members
- Work with your own initiative and are accountable for your deliverables, within the team's guidelines
- Can estimate and agree on deadlines, and deliver work within these whilst communicating impediments early
- Embrace best software engineering practices and tools; TDD, CI, SOLID, etc
- Understanding of software development life-cycle, Agile software design principles, and build processes
- Design, develop and maintain bingo server side game code
- Be part of establishing and applying your team's development best practices
- Using agile methodologies, work together to meet sprint commitments
- Collaboration to get the most of and grow everyone's skills, and to create quality, maintainable code
- Continuous improvement of the team's tools and processes
- Actively participate in design and code reviews
- 2 -3 years experience with Core server-side Java development
- Spring framework
- Robust code tested with good development testing practices, such as unit and integration testing
- Source control software, such as git
Desirable Skills - any of these are a plus!
- Relational databases and SQL
- Build tools, such as Maven
- Good understanding of software development principles and design patterns
- Comfortable with Unix style commands
- RESTful services
- Experience with Continuous Delivery - DevOps mindset