Senior Software Engineer Java at VIOOH (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-12-01 05:00:06
Role Title: Senior Software Engineer JavaReports to: Technical Lead JavaLocation: Hybrid working environment (Remote and Paddington, London)Role Type: Permanent, Full-time
How do we say our name, well it sounds like ‘view’. It’s also a lot shorter than saying ‘Viewed Impressions for Out Of Home’.
VIOOH is a fast-growing startup that is defining the future of out-of-home advertising.
We are a dynamic team building a global platform which automates the buying and selling of outdoor advertising, enables programmatic trading and delivers dynamic, data-driven content to screens in locations and moments to better resonate with and influence consumers.
We’ve recently redesigned our people strategy to create a future-proof, hybrid and flexible workplace approach. Employees can work in the office (Paddington, London) and work from home, empowering all VIOOHers to thrive regardless of location and ensuring we can attract diverse talent to support our global expansion.
We are a team of curious, passionate problem solvers. We are always looking to push our boundaries by accepting new challenges and using the best technologies and methodologies we can.
Working as a part of an Agile development team, you will be producing great quality code through improving and extending our Java codebase to produce real value for our customers. You will help provide the architectural and design direction of areas of the project and take ownership of the implementation within the team.
You’ll be using technologies such as Java, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, AWS, Nginx, Terraform, Git, MySQL and Jira to develop back-end services and microservices.
We invest in your growth and are committed to supporting you through our values at VIOOH. We give 10% of your time each week to focus on self development and improvement of your skills in new areas.
VIOOH has embraced the hybrid workplace, ensuring you can work as effectively and collaboratively remotely as you can from the office.
What we'll expect from you
- Maintain, improve and extend the current software stack with new functionality, being part of a development team using Agile methodologies displaying the desire to continuously improve
- Solve business needs by building, testing and documenting software
- Work closely with technical leads to discuss solution and implementation strategy
- Produce great, elegant and simple code in a dynamic and collaborative environment
- Conduct code reviews of fellow developer’s work
- Help us deliver best quality by improving our testing and continuous-integration system
- Promote improvements for software development practices, processes and standards with consideration of quality, innovation, and productivity
- Stay up-to-date with the latest technology to improve existing services constantly
What we want from you
- Strong knowledge with modern core Java 8+ development using Spring / Spring Boot
- Experienced working in a TDD or BDD environment
- Experienced designing and implementing REST APIs
- Experience of using CI/CD pipelines using technologies such as Docker, Terraform and Kubernetes
- Experienced with agile software development (scrum, kanban or XP)
- Experienced with microservice architecture
- Familiar with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Kafka or other distributed messaging systems
- System monitoring - Kibana, Grafana, Prometheus
- Delivering infrastructure as code with Terraform
- Software system architecture knowledge
The successful candidate will be someone with a real passion for technology who is not afraid of any challenge. Working in a collaborative environment, you will have the courage to ask questions and to constructively challenge others.They will have an eagerness to learn and continuously improve themselves and their skills, keeping up with evolutions in the technology industry.
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a positive experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through to your onboarding.
VIOOH is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.