Mid level QA Engineer at Plotly Technologies Inc () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-12-02 05:00:47
About the role:
We’re building the next generation of data science tools for people that love data science. We work with some of the world’s largest organizations to help them succeed in analyzing their data and scaling their data science workloads. We need your awesome talent to lead our QA efforts in building A-Grade applications and dataviz components to power these teams.
Downloaded 5 million times per month, Dash & Plotly are how AI, ML, and data science in Python are delivered to business users.
We’re a fun, growing, highly collaborative, creative team of people that love our craft. We care about diversity, equity, and helping each other succeed. We value communication, curiosity, kindness, passion, and a healthy, work-life balance. We are avid readers, hackers, architects, and data scientists.
If engineering excites you, and you think Plotly is the place for you, we’d love to chat further.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Use your creativity, curiosity, and resourcefulness to shape a new standard of quality at Plotly.
- Block software releases if they don’t meet your standards (don’t worry, we’ll have your back!)
- Help cultivate an environment of exceptional software quality. Educate and help others understand why they’ll soon love product quality as much as you do.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured test plans, and test cases.
- Test current products to identify, isolate, and track defects.
- Suggest solutions to identified product problems.
- Perform manual tests, where appropriate, to ensure that our automated tests are well-balanced with manual testing.
- Ensure products meet customer expectations and demand as well as performance & reliability targets.
- Create, document, maintain, extend and execute automation test coverage including: automated test scripts for APIs, platform and UI software components in close coordination with developers and other key stakeholders and from functional and technical documentation
- Plan, create and manage the overall Quality Planning strategy.
- Act as a knowledge resource for testing automation and train and support other team members as appropriate.
- An understanding of QA concepts, automation design patterns and software testing principles and methodologies.
- Experience in test case writing, automation tool frameworks, and automated script development, and maintaining test data sets and associated documentation.
- Experience with load and performance testing including design, development, implementation and reporting.
- Experience in Continuous Integration environments, ideally using Github Actions.
- Experience working with and testing API / Restful services.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines.
- Excellent communication skills.
Nice to haves:
- BS in computer science or a related field preferred.
- Experience with Python
- Data science and machine learning experience.
- Experience working in a containerized (Docker, Kubernetes) environment.