Senior Software Engineer, Embedded Systems (m/f/d) at tado GmbH (München, Deutschland)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Location: München, Deutschland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-12-02 05:01:03
Senior Software Engineer, Embedded Systems (m/f/d)
Munich, Bavaria, Germany • Product Engineering • Full time
Why work at tado:
- Be part of our international and multicultural team of people from 42 nations
- Contribute to shaping our next generation Smart Home IoT products & services which help the world save energy.
- Be empowered: Rather than telling you what to do, we want you to tell us what to do.
- Grow personally by learning from your highly-skilled and dedicated colleagues and through frequent feedback.
- Follow, promote, and improve our agile, lean development process with a focus on deep understanding of the problem and minimal, but high-quality solutions. We iterate frequently, and limit the work in progress to learn on a daily basis whether we are really adding value for customers and our business.
- Scale with us: Our customer base and number of deployed devices grows by a 50-70% every year. Help us design our processes and devices to be ahead of this growth.
Your daily business will involve:
- Writing and deploying code continuously to millions of connected embedded devices leveraging and enhancing our test-driven development approach
- Automating workflows to enable fast firmware delivery pipelines
- Collaborating on concepts for new product features together with colleagues from other teams from definition up to customer release
- Analyzing and presenting engineering trade-offs and efforts in the light of customer value to stakeholders within the company
- You are very strong in explaining complex topics in English, appropriately tailoring your delivery according to your audience.
- You actively search for opportunities to improve yourself, the working process, your team collaboration, and feedback mechanisms.
- 5+ years experience with Embedded Systems (RTOS)
- Profound knowledge of C and one higher layer language (e.g. Python)
- Experience with RF Technologies (e.g. 802.15.4, LoRa, Thread) is considered a plus
- Ability to reach our Munich lab if required
- Work remotely from anywhere in Germany. We value flexibility, so you and your team will decide together if and when in-person meetings are required. Any other time you can choose to work from anywhere you want, as long as you are available for pairing and video calls during our core hours from CET 9am to 5pm.
- Learning culture and learning support beyond what is needed for the job, e.g. we offer subsidized German language courses for relocators even though you will not need German for your work
- Discounted access to gyms and fitness offers through “Qualitrain”
- Health care services, such as skin cancer screening, flu vaccinations. We have also been amongst the first companies to offer a COVID-19 vaccination to all employees.
- 30 days of paid vacation and a company pension scheme to help with your retirement
- Competitive compensation package