Head of Software Engineering at EDGE10 Group (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-12-04 05:01:05
EDGE10 Group is perfecting human performance. We provide the worlds leading health, performance, and physical testing platform to organisations around the world, empowering them with actionable insights, leading to efficient, high-quality decision making.
As market leader, we work with organisations across the medical and performance spectrums, from elite to grass root teams and from armed forces to multi-national corporations. In sport alone, we work with 1,000+ teams from the leading and most prestigious leagues around such as the MLB, NHL, EPL, and MLS.
The group is growing rapidly and is now looking for a hands-on Head of Software Engineering who is passionate about leading world-class engineering teams, delivering secure, high quality, elegantly engineered applications that support and delight end users and who is interested in helping us to realise and build on the next stage in our product and technology journey.
You will need to be experienced in leading and growing software engineering teams in start-up and scale-up organisations. Youll need to have a firm understanding of modern and emerging software technology and demonstrable experience in the architecturally sound application and integration of technology to cost-effectively create, deploy, manage, and evolve modern, elegant, flexible, secure and intuitive applications that perform and scale well. You will have the proven ability to support your team in creating and evolving exciting new high-quality high-performance applications, whilst addressing technical debt in the existing software technology base, and to deliver the applications roadmap that underpins EDGE10s product roadmap, client delivery programme and ambitious growth plans.
What you will do
- Lead, manage, nurture, and grow the groups software engineering organization
- Govern and guide architectural decisions across the group
- Provide technical direction and guidance across the Technology organisation and wider group for our planned product innovations
- Continually evaluate software technology trends, their relevance to the sports medicine and sports science domains, their potential to enable the product roadmap, the longer-term product strategy and business vision
- Drive the identification, understanding, evaluation and selection of new and emerging software technologies, tools, practices, and techniques that are aligned to the groups architecture and technology selection principles
- Oversee from a technical perspective multiple parallel customer and product projects using our lean / agile project delivery model
- Oversee the consistently timely release of solutions and products into production environments and their smooth and managed migration into instrumented and monitored operational service and support
- Support project managers in assessing and managing project risks whilst overseeing resolution of technology-related project escalations
- Nurture strong working relationships with teams and individuals across wider Technology organisation, product, sales, customer success and consulting organisations as well as key customers and external partners
- Support the sales function in preparing, costing and reviewing sales bids and, where required, presenting technical aspects of bids to prospective customers
- Drive the clear definition, adherence to and improvement of software development best practices
- Develop the technical knowledge of the Engineering team through relevant education and training, best practice sharing and regular technical reviews
- Drive a working culture of communication, trust, engagement, energy, innovation, learning, recognition, professionalism, and continuous improvement
- Excellent salary & annual leave package
- Participation in the EDGE10 Group Bonus Scheme (inc. equity)
- Comprehensive private healthcare insurance
- Long term service awards after 2, 5 and 10+ years of service
- Volunteering days
We are looking for exceptional people. If you believe you can add value to the company and continue to drive it forward, apply now.
We love what we do. We want you too as well.
EDGE10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.