Network Automation Engineer at Itential (Atlanta, GA) (allows remote)
Location: Atlanta, GA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-12-07 05:00:42
Itential provides powerful network automation software to companies worldwide. Our customers run some of the most complex networks in the world and include Fortune 500 telecommunications and financial service companies to enterprises of all sizes. As network automation becomes a part of the digital transformation strategy of every enterprise, Itential is committed to the NAaaS (network automation as a service) model as a way to shorten time to value and make every company's network a strategic asset.
We're looking for a Network Automation Engineer with good soft skills and has experience with one or more of the following: systems analysis, requirements for project implementations, development, system administration, DevOps and delivery/deployment of complex computer/network systems.
What Our Network Automation Engineers Do:
- Ensure quality adherence through established Itential practices such as customer, code and peer reviews including demonstrations
- Ensure best practices while meeting non-functional requirements
- Validate architecture that is defined and communicated
- Identify key engagement and solution risks and define mitigation strategies
- Maintain an understanding of long-term company strategy and ensures that designs will enable Itential to meet the changing industry/competitive demand
- Implement and recommend viable architectural approaches that support long term maintainability, extensibility, and inter-operability of enterprise applications
- Review requirements, and work with necessary teams, ensuring there is agreement on what software is to be built
- Synthesize design, incorporates review comments and provide critical review of other designs
- Build and test code to validate functionality against requirements
- Triage incoming items to validate reported issues and ensure reproducibility
- Develop and maintain strong, positive relationships with customers, vendors, peers and other employees
- Participate in project retrospectives and contributes to continuous improvement of the software development life cycle
- Stay current on technologies
- Show accountability for the work undertaken
- Provide leadership and mentoring for our developers
Code Quality: There will be some coding, but if you want to code all day, this particular Itential role isn't for you, but please visit https://www.itential.com/company/careers/ for other great opportunities
Minimum Required Experience
- Real-world experience deploying servers, network devices and building scripts/apps using own or open-source libraries
- Knowledge and experience working with JSON.
- Knowledge and experience working with RESTful APIs.
- Comfort in a linux environment and troubleshooting using the linux command line
- Knowledge of basic networking concepts
- Experience building Cloud Native or Hybrid applications using Azure or another public cloud
- Experience in customer-facing leadership roles
- Strong communication skills
- Real-world experience providing technical leadership on network implementation projects
- Experience and Proficiency in T-SQL and SQL Server with some basic DBA skills
- Knowledge and application of object-oriented design principles
- A good understanding of IT environments including networking, server technologies, databases, security and performance
- Agile methodology and technical lead experience would be advantageous
Location: Candidates able to regularly work in the Atlanta office are preferred, however, remote applicants within the US will be considered.
Benefits and Perks
- Work with a lot of smart, enthusiastic people in a rapidly growing industry
- A 401(k) plan, partially matched by Itential
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage
- A great work environment with fully stocked soda fridges and snack pantries
- Flex work time
- Volunteer and community engagement opportunities
- Find out more at www.itential.com
This is a direct hire position. No third parties, staffing agencies, or recruiting firms accepted. No S-Corp or Corp-to-Corp.
Itential provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.