Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer at ChargeItSpot (Philadelphia, PA)
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-12-10 05:00:45
POSITION: SeniorSoftware Quality Assurance Engineer
ChargeItSpot's Development Team is looking to hire a Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer with automation experience to test our IoT mobile device charging systems. As a senior engineer on the Development team, you will create, maintain and execute both automated and manual test plans on web applications, kiosk applications and mobile apps. You should be able to provide leadership around best practices and processes for Software Quality Assurance.
The ideal candidate for this role will have experience with software testing and a programming background for automating testing. You should be familiar with automated software testing (e.g. TestFX, Appium, Automaton, Selenium, or other frameworks) and understand how to use these platforms to verify software function.
The SQA engineer will collaborate with developers and product managers to ensure that the client and server platforms meet business and user requirements. This is a hands-on role in a team-oriented and fast-paced environment where each team member is vital to the overall success of the product.
- Own the testing strategy for our software. Build automated testing suites to streamline testing. Maintain automated testing suites to support new features and modifications. Maintain manual test plans as needed.
- Execute manual and automated tests on new releases.
- Utilize requirements documents to develop testing strategies for new features and changes to features.
- Identify features that are difficult to test and come up with innovative methods to test them.
- Collaborate with the development team to resolve defects.
- Create new and innovative approaches to testing a complex application stack.
- Evaluate and implement new QA techniques such AI-based frameworks for testing ChargeItSpot systems.
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality
- Manage projects with minimal supervision and learn new skills quickly
- Strong technical and analytical background with high attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with a pragmatic and proactive attitude
- Knowledge of JavaFX Test Automation frameworks such as TestFX, Automaton, or similar frameworks
- Understanding of web application test automation frameworks such as Selenium, Appium or similar frameworks
- Experience using Linux (Ubuntu preferred), SSH, and the Linux command line.
- Familiarity with version control systems such as git
- Knowledge of relational databases (Postgres is preferred) and TCP/IP networking
- Experience testing REST services
- BONUS: experience with JIRA, and AI-based testing tools such as test.ai
- 3 to 5 years of QA testing experience (Required)
- 2 years of Java development experience (Preferred)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or, similar technical field of study (Preferred)
- US work authorization (Required)
JOB TYPE: Full-time, based in Philadelphia, PA
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
As modern consumers, we are obsessed and dependent on our phones. Realizing this, companies that care for their customers turn to ChargeItSpot to provide a place for people to charge and sanitize their phones - all but eliminating the anxiety of the dreaded dead phone battery, and eliminating up to 99.9% of germs on the surface of phones. Our clients include Target, Gap Inc., Nordstrom, Under Armour, & Bloomingdale's - to name a few. ChargeItSpot has built the most sophisticated charging network in the world and we are rapidly expanding across the globe.
At ChargeItSpot, we value dedication, flexibility, and a tenacious attitude. Our startup environment requires independent thinkers and is ideal for people who can roll up their sleeves and get things done.
We obsess over details and always go the extra mile for our clients. Our focus is fierce, but it's not all hard work. We hold weekly happy hours, monthly team events, and twice a year we retreat to the mountains for a weekend of R&R as a team.
Check out our CORE VALUES to learn more.