Sr. Backend Engineer - Leading SaaS Provider of Casting and Audition Management at Casting Networks () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-12-10 05:01:22
Company: Casting Networks
Position: Sr. or Lead Backend Engineer (Node.js)
HQ: Los Angeles, CA but this is a FULLY REMOTE opportunity - anywhere in the U.S or Canada
Comp: $150k-$190k (heavily dependent on experience / suitability) + excellent full time benefits
Casting Networks is the leading technology solution provider for casting and auditioning to the entertainment industry. Our software is used by thousands of casting directors in Hollywood and other places across the world on a daily basis. More than 1.2 million performers have used Casting Networks to schedule 14 million auditions since 2002. We’re looking for a Senior level Backend Engineer to help us to develop new features, maintain existing, and improve code base.
- 6+ years professional experience as a software engineer
- 2+ years production experience with Node.js and TypeScript (preferred).
- Experience designing and building high-performance scalable web services.
- Experience in REST API design and implementation.
- Experience in unit testing, test automation, and continuous delivery.
- Strong experience with SQL (Postgres preferred). Comfortable working with stored procedures
Nice to have:
- Experience designing and developing Microservices and SOA.
- Production experience working with Apollo GraphQL Server.
- Experience working with AWS Kinesis, Lambda, SQS, S3, ElastiCache, ElasticSearch, Kubernetes, Docker & Terraform
- Production experience working with Nestjs framework.
- Experience with stream-processing and message-broker software.