Senior Software Engineer at Google (Zürich, Switzerland)
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-12-11 05:01:23
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in technical leadership, leading project teams, and setting technical direction.
- Experience architecting and developing large scale distributed systems design.
- Experience in coding in one of C, C++, Java or Python
- Masters degree or PhD in Computer Science.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Googles needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Help build a team and cultivate innovation. Drive cross-collaboration and execution of projects across multiple teams.
- Lead designs for major software components, systems, and features. Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and improve software.
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards.
- Architect and develop solutions to ambiguous problems with significant impact.