Staff Software Engineer, YouTube at Google (San Bruno, CA) (allows remote)
Location: San Bruno, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-12-11 05:01:23
Note: Googles hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:In-office locations: San Bruno, CA, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA.Remote location(s): United States.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of software development experience, or 8 with an advanced degree.
- Experience with software development in one or more of the following: C, C++, Go, Java, Python.
- Experience setting direction for next-generation systems and providing technical structure to teams.
- Experience with large scale software development with strong practical knowledge of web software development and testing best practices.
- Ability to architect, design, implement, and maintain large scale systems.
- Strong technical leadership and mentorship ability.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Googles needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
In this role, you will be a Staff Software Engineer leading in defining the way Google products collaborate, and scope large scale problems into more discrete projects. Youll help set the technical and strategic direction for developer tools related to building, debugging, testing, releasing, and monitoring features.
At YouTube, we believe that everyone deserves to have a voice, and that the world is a better place when we listen, share, and build community through our stories. We work together to give everyone the power to share their story, explore what they love, and connect with one another in the process. Working at the intersection of cutting-edge technology and boundless creativity, we move at the speed of culture with a shared goal to show people the world. We explore new ideas, solve real problems, and have fun and we do it all together.
Additional Information(Colorado only*) Minimum salary of $132,000+ bonus + equity + benefits.*Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum salary compensation for this role when being hired into our offices in Colorado.
- Analyze and decompose complex software systems and collaborate with cross-functional teams to influence design for testability across YouTube and Google.
- Design and build advanced and highly scalable automated, test, and release infrastructure.
- Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
- Help build teams and cultivate innovation by driving cross-collaboration and execution of projects across multiple teams.
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques and coding standards.