Engineering Team Lead at Lendi () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-12-11 05:01:47
Got a passion for microservices and creating dependable APIs? Do you have an interest in upgrading existing interfaces into something modern, stable and consistent for a better developer experience? Want to collaborate with highly-skilled technical teams in a growing business to define standards for API integrations with our partners?
Lendi is Australia's #1 home loan platform and we're building technology to take the hard work out of home loans. We're passionate about how technology can revolutionise our industry and solve a key pain point in peoples' lives.
In an ever-changing regulatory environment, Lendi is leading the charge in developing industry-first technology designed to offer Australian homeowners transparency, simplicity and convenience in their home loan experience. Engineering is forefront in this charge as we look to automate and build out scalable and reliable systems to support our customers and counterparty banks.
Lendi is looking for an experienced Team Lead to join our Integrations team. The Integrations team guides, implements and facilitates integrations with counterparty Banks and Lenders. Our vision is to abstract away the intricacies of integrating with lenders and provide consistent and modern interfaces for our entire engineering team, enabling easier and more reliable development for the future
What you’ll be doing:
You’ll be a valued member of our engineering team. We value evidence-backed opinions and will have the opportunity to play an integral part in driving the engineering team’s rhythm, culture and processes with opportunities in planning and resource allocation, architecture and design, coding, deployment, and support.
- Managing a small and talented team of engineers, including performance management, remuneration and learning and development
- Driving strong agile practices in the team
- Owning major parts of the system, designing and delivering quality stable solutions
- Developing clean and maintainable code that is suitable for continuous integration and deployment, following best practices and software guidelines
- Collaborating as part of a cross-functional agile team
- Helping to drive the engineering rhythm and process of the team from planning, resource allocation, design, coding, deployment, and support
What you’ll bring:
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Previous experience in the management of a small number of engineers
- Strong understanding of Microservices patterns
- Experience in building and deploying Node.js + Typescript microservices to the cloud
- Experience working with infrastructure/configuration as code and CI/CD
- Experience using and developing RESTful API
- Proficient understanding of Git and code management tools (one of; Bitbucket, GitHub, etc)
- A passion for building automated, fault-tolerant and reliable applications
- Experience in coaching, or a desire to provide coaching at both: team and individual level
- The ability to work productively as part of an agile team
- A desire to continually improve the way in which you and your teamwork
- The ability to communicate clearly and effectively with your team, managers and stakeholders, both verbally and in written form
- A “you build it, you own it” mentality
- A positive can-do attitude
It would be great to bring, but is not required to have:
- Knowledge of AWS specifically IAM, S3 and DynamoDB
- Strong understanding of event-driven systems (Kafka)
- Has exposure to automation and continuous delivery
- Experience in containerization technologies such as Docker
- Strong understanding of TDD and unit, integration and end-to-end (functional) testings
Whats on offer?
- Flexible working arrangements- option to work remotely and/or from the office - we call it “Flex First”
- At Lendi Group we take career development seriously. We have the opportunities, budget and frameworks in place to propel your career in the direction you want to take it!
- A week's additional annual leave after 3 years' service
- Regular social and team building activities
- Close-knit, friendly culture with a warm & casual environment Lendi is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company.
To learn more about life at Lendi check out our blog: https://www.lendi.com.au/inspire/category/life-at-lendi/
Lendi Group is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity, we strongly encourage people from all backgrounds and minority groups to apply.