Forensic Software/Web Developer (Entry and Mid Levels) - OCONUS Deployable at Cipher Tech Solutions, Inc (Tampa, FL)
Location: Tampa, FL
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-12-14 05:00:05
Developers will be based out of Tampa, FL. If requested, developers also must be willing to support deployments to hazardous environments outside the continental United States (OCONUS) in direct support of our military customers.
Cipher Tech seeks those who would enjoy traditional Software Development, Web Development, and a twist of Digital Forensics combined into one career seat! You will provide support in the form of thick application and web application development on accredited Defense networks in direct support of processing, shaping, and presenting digital forensic intelligence to analysts. The role will involve designing new, integrating existing, and maintaining software solutions to meet customer specifications.
- Must be a US Citizen
- Must hold a US government security clearance or be eligible for sponsorship
- Must be willing to work shifts covering a 24/7 cycle if the need arises
- Must hold a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical/Computer Engineering, Math or Physics (no exceptions!)
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the technical fundamentals and core software development principles required to perform all of the aforementioned tasks with competency and accuracy
- Must be familiar with database fundamentals to include design, configuration, and utilization
- Must possess a proficiency in one or more of the following languages: Python, Java, C, C# or C++ *(C# is our preference)
- Must demonstrate proficiency with debuggers
- Must possess the ability to gather testable software requirements and to participate in the design of new applications
- Must be able to execute with maintainable software processes, including software documentation, source code versioning, and unit testing
- Must be able to quickly adapt to new situations and problems
- Must possess the ability to thrive in a mission-critical and time-sensitive environment
- Familiarity with the DoD Risk Management Framework (RMF) and/or Secure Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs)
- Familiarity with secure coding practices in regulated environments such as DoD, Intel, Finance, Healthcare
- Familiarity with secure coding practices and the DoD application accreditation process
- Familiarity with digital forensics
- Mission focused work environment
- Subsidized medical/dental/vision insurance
- HSA contributions
- 401k matching
- Holiday and Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Monthly WAN parties & quarterly events
- Flexible hours
We do offer relocation assistance for those relocating 50 miles or more.
Experience per year defined as: Software development experience, to include some direct experience writing targeted digital forensic tools, working at the byte-level, and or reverse engineering files and applications.
- A relevant Bachelor's Degree, plus 0-4 years experience
**Some programming experience outside of the classroom is required**
- A relevant Bachelor's Degree plus a minimum of 5 -7 years' experience
- A relevant Master's Degree may be counted as two years of experience
CIPHER TECH IS COMMITTED TO HIRING QUALIFIED VETERANS!
At Cipher Tech Solutions, Inc. (Cipher Tech), we take great pride in supporting some of the most mission critical work in the Department of Defense and the Intelligence Community. The majority of our company is comprised of extremely talented software developers who write production tools which directly support one of two missions: digital forensics and malware reverse engineering.
Digital forensics is the practice of extracting and processing evidence from computers, phones, tablets, cameras, flash-drives, and just about any other form of digital media. The results of our work are then used to support federal and military law enforcement, counter intelligence, and counter terrorist activities.
Malware reverse engineering is the practice of analyzing extremely advanced malicious code. The goal of a reverse engineer is to understand how the malicious code works and determine facts such as:
How did it infect the victim's computer What kind of information it is seeking to steal How is it communicating with the author (actor) Who that actor might be.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.