Senior Software Engineer at Beautylish Inc. (San Francisco, CA) (allows remote)
Location: San Francisco, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-12-14 05:00:38
At Beautylish, we believe that high quality engineering and design comes from simplicity, not complexity. We understand that simple solutions are not always the easiest to build, but are worth the investment. Our culture is centered around building extraordinary user experiences, and we are looking for talented engineers who share our philosophy and are looking to make an impact.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our small, selective engineering team. We are a collaborative team of builders who apply software in inventive ways to solve interesting technical and business problems. We are using a light web framework (Python, SQLAlchemy, React) combined with modern but proven components (Redis, Elasticsearch) all running on Amazon Web Services.
The engineering team at Beautylish is focused on three core areas:
- System architecture and scale. We are designing an architecture that is both performant and elegant. We believe that the right architectural choices make a system easy to extend and fun to work on.
- Web and mobile consumer products. We are continually improving our user experience and polishing our design. We are a team that cares about the people that use our products and are always looking for creative and fun ways to make the Beautylish experience more enjoyable.
- Efficient operations and personalized CRM. We believe that the greatest power of technology is its ability to connect people. We build systems that use data in novel ways to enhance our personal relationship with our customers.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer who has a passion for learning, enjoys building products, and takes pride in their work. As an engineer at Beautylish, you will own the implementation of major projects and collaborate on the design and implementation of major new features.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Prior experience building scalable consumer web applications
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related field
- At least 5 years of full time post-degree work in a similar role
This is a full time, permanently remote (work from home) position open to candidates currently residing in the United States and with current U.S. work authorization. Benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance, 401k with company match, competitive PTO, and monthly work from home stipend.