Senior Analytics Engineer at VIOOH (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-12-15 05:00:05
Role Title: Senior Analytics EngineerReports to Data Analytics LeadLocation: Hybrid working environment (Remote and Paddington, London)Role Type: Permanent, Full-timeHow do we say our name, well it sounds like 'view'. It's also a lot shorter than saying 'Viewed Impressions for Out Of Home'.
VIOOH is a fast-growing startup that is defining the future of out-of-home advertising.
We are a dynamic team building a global platform which automates the buying and selling of outdoor advertising, enables programmatic trading and delivers dynamic, data-driven content to screens in locations and moments to better resonate with and influence consumers.
We’ve recently redesigned our people strategy to create a future-proof, hybrid and flexible workplace approach. Employees can work in the office (Paddington, London) and from home, empowering all VIOOHers to thrive regardless of location and ensuring we can attract diverse talent to support our global expansion.
VIOOH is hiring its first Analytics Engineer in its newly established Analytics team. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Analytics Engineer to help build an end-to-end analytics platform from scratch. You will have the opportunity to work with multidisciplinary teams closely, create a data centric culture, and help colleagues understand their metrics by enabling the power of our data.
As a “full-stack analyst”, we don’t expect you to have an extensive knowledge of the specific tools and technologies we currently use, however, we expect you to understand and own the end-to-end analytics process (from raw data to charts) fully, have an outstanding intellectual curiosity to learn new technologies and excel in your domain. If you follow the current global developments in the analytics field, if you can adopt new technologies and implement them into our growing analytics function, if you’re not afraid of challenging ideas, we’d like to hear from you.
What you'll be working on
- Working closely with the Data Analytics Lead to shape the future of our end-to-end analytics strategy.
- Working closely with our data architects to maintain high standards of reliability, performance, and reusability of assets in our data warehouse.
- Working closely with the data engineering team to build analytics data pipelines.
- Creating analytics ready data models using software engineering best practices (version control, testing, continuous integration), to support internal and external reporting, as well as predictive modelling.
- Creating a single source of truth and enabling a self-serve analytics culture.
- Optimising our data warehouse to reduce cost and complexity.
- Working closely with product & commercial teams, understanding their analytics needs, helping them by turning our semi-raw data into insightful metrics and dashboards.
Tools and technologies we use
- AWS S3, AWS Athena for our data storage and queries
- Airflow, Stitch Data for orchestration and ETL/ELT
- Dbt for data transformation
- Snowflake for data warehousing
- Apache Superset for data visualisation
- Python and R for data analysis, predictive modelling, and automating jobs
- GitHub for version control
What we want from you
- Extensive hands-on experience (ideally min. 3-5 years) in creating data models (dbt experience is required) and ETL/ELT pipelines for analytics applications.
- Excellent SQL knowledge. You should be able to write complex SQL queries to answer business questions, also create cost and time efficient data models where we need to make end users' (analysts, data scientists, self-serve dashboard audiences) lives easier.
- Solid understanding of data warehouse design principles.
- Great attention to detail.
- Experience with data visualisation tools (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, Looker, QuickSight, Superset). Ability to generate simple but insightful visualisations for non-technical audiences.
- Experience working with data engineering teams to deliver data solutions spanning source systems to end-users, working with product and commercial teams to deliver clear reporting and insights.
- Experience with JSON files. Most of our data is in JSON format and they need to be flattened.
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources.
- Experience working with a modern data analytics stack.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills.
Nice to have
- Familiarity with the AWS environment (S3, Athena, Redshift).
- Experience with Python (Airflow, dbt, pySpark, Pandas).
- Experience with Snowflake.
- Experience with Apache Superset.
- Familiarity with the command line.
- Master's degree or equivalent in a quantitative field.
- Previous experience in Programmatic / AdTech.
Our recruitment team will work hard to give you a positive experience throughout the process, no matter the outcome. Your application will be screened closely and you can rest assured that all follow-up actions will be thorough, from assessments and interviews through to your onboarding.
VIOOH is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all sections of society and does not discriminate on grounds of race, religion or belief, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, citizenship, marital, domestic or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, or gender identity or any other basis as protected by applicable law.