Senior Backend Engineer at TX Group (Zürich, Switzerland)
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-12-15 05:00:30
TX Group is the shareholder of some of Switzerland's most well-known digital brands, including 20min, JobCloud (jobs.ch), Homegate, Tutti, Ricardo, Doodle, and Zattoo. The combined audience on web and mobile represents about 40% of the measured Internet traffic in Switzerland. As such TX Group plays an active role in supporting and guiding these companies to further success.
Our world-class journalistic content management system, Unity, is the heart of content creation and distribution for Switzerland’s largest private news media businesses. It allows over 1,000 journalists to deliver the news to around 4 million readers a day.
Our Unity CMS team is looking for a
Senior Backend Engineer
Unity is a proprietary, cloud-based, central hub for editorial staff teams, which empowers writers and journalists to publish, review, and distribute different types of media and articles to a variety of online TX Group news sites and platforms (like Tages-Anzeiger, Basler Zeitung, 20 Minuten, etc.).
Unity is built from scratch with multi-tenancy and multi-user collaboration in mind, with a contemporary approach based on microservices, WebSockets, and a modern front-end stack, and is developed by a core team of focused and ambitious software engineers.
As a Senior Backend Engineer, you will help us write the digital future of TX Group’s media businesses. You will help to conceive, architect, design, and build our new world-class CMS system in our Publishing Technology Solutions group.
What you bring:
- You are a dyed-in-the-wool geek, who dreams of loosely coupled components. You love the possibilities that technology opens up, but you also recognize that not all shiny new technologies are ready for prime time.
- You attended a good technical university, and since then you have built up many years of experience and learned from a bunch of mistakes.
- You enjoy helping other engineers to grow, and you know that having others challenge your ideas will help you to improve.
- Backend engineering is your favorite activity, and you are fluent in mature technologies like Java, Spring, Hibernate, RabbitMQ, and ElasticSearch, but can also help identify newer tech that might propel us forward.
- Good design principles in databases and RESTful APIs.
- Knowing your way around Linux, GIT, Docker, Kubernetes, and AWS would be helpful.
- Our technology groups tend to use English as a lingua franca, but if you speak some German or French, that would be a plus
What we bring:
- TX Group is writing its digital-first future, and you can help pave the way.
- The tools we build allow journalists to deliver news to millions of users.
- A modern tech stack and up-to-date environment. Our team works with microservices and messaging concepts, all running in the cloud.
- Experimenting with new or alternative technologies (for example Micronaut, Cassandra)
- Personal development budget and opportunities. We encourage you to constantly learn and improve yourself as well as spread your knowledge around the team and even the whole company.
- We support diversity and inclusion. Because different approaches mutually enrich each other. Sometimes something completely new results from this. That's how we stay innovative.
- Flexible working hours and a culture of trust.
- Partial home office and fantastically equipped offices when working with colleagues on-site.
Come and join our family of friendly, smart geeks!
We do not accept unsolicited applications from third - party agencies.