Developer (Focus Backend) who loves to work on the Green Energy Transformation at HYDROGRID GmbH (Vienna, Austria)
Location: Vienna, Austria
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-12-16 05:00:42
You are not interested in being just a cog in the wheel and want your work to have an impact for a green future? Then HYDROGRID is the place to be!
At HYDROGRID, it is our vision to transform renewables into ‘smart power plants’ that reliably and intelligently deliver energy on demand to enable grid balancing with purely green energy. We have started our endeavour with hydro power plants - the best source of renewable energy – by optimizing and fully automating them with our AI-driven SaaS solution. With our own optimization and machine learning algorithms, our software is able to accurately align power generation with weather and power market prices. By doing so, we automate processes, save time and increase revenues by up to 18%. To further support our rapid growth, we are looking for a
Junior Software Developer – Focus Backend (m/f/d)
to help us build and grow our industry-leading technology.
Your tasks & contributions
- Develop software components (frontend, backend) for our SaaS solution. The focus of this role is backend development, but experience and interest in frontend development is a plus
- Join the scrum team and contribute to bi-weekly planning sessions
- Take ownership of your code and deployments
- Review code of your colleagues on a four-eyes principle
- Maintain our framework software modules and components
- Monitor, analyse, and maintain a high-functioning IT-architecture
- You will work with the following tech stack:
- Backend: Python, MSSQL, OpenAPI, Flask, APScheduler, SQLAlchemy, Kubernetes & Helm
Requirements & what you bring on the table
- You have a degree (BSc or higher) in Computer Science or similar
- Experience in Python, OpenAPI, MSSQL, Restful API
- High level of problem-solving skills and the ability to prioritize tasks
- Fluency in English is essential, other European languages are a bonus
- You have a valid work permit for Austria
It would be amazing if you have
- Previous experience of working in a Startup
- An interest in renewable energy and want your work to have a positive climate impact
Benefits & what you can expect from HYDROGRID
- A clear vision: work on the transformation of renewables into ‘smart power plants’ to enable grid balancing with purely green energy
- A strong ambition: based on our clear vision, our innovative product, our validated product-to-market-fit in numerous markets and our strong partners, we are at the beginning of our exciting scale-up story to contribute globally to the energy transformation
- A great spirit: our team culture combines start-up vibes with regularly team events and the wish to work on a green future that units and motived each of us every day. We value a respectful and friendly atmosphere and are a very close team what we are going to keep that way
- A flexible work environment: our work setting consists of flexible work hours and flexible work locations, either from our stylish office in the most liveable city in the world – Vienna – or from your Austrian home. Combined with our highly flexible home office policy, it gives you room to individually organize your working day according to your needs.
- Latest technology: our DNA is R&D driven allowing us to not only using the latest technology but also developing our own methodology beyond the state of the art to stay one step ahead of competition
- Competitive Compensation: we offer a highly attractive compensation package to value your work and time, which comprises a competitive salary, overtime compensation, an annual ticket for Wiener Linien and special HYDROGRID holidays beyond the official holidays and vacation days (25 days/year).
- Personal growth: diverse range of tasks and a role-specific career development and continuous promotion of your skills
- Wellbeing: great coffee and tea, free snacks and perfect kitchen equipment including a Blender for your daily vitamin dose, and your very own HYDROGRID pen
For this position, we offer a base salary starting at 35k per year (fulltime position) with considerable overpayment based on previous experience.
Our passion-driven team works tirelessly to optimize hydropower and improve the global energy mix towards a future with sustainable power generation. We value trust, honesty, and creative-thinking and would love to welcome you to our team! In order to ensure that each application receives the time and attention it deserves, please send us your full application (including your CV and references) either here at Stackoverflow or via email join[at]hydrogrid.eu and let us know why you are motivated to join us in our quest for a renewable energy future - we promise to get back to you within a couple of days!