Director of Automation DevOps/CloudOps (Product Team) at GrammaTech, Inc. () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-12-16 05:01:17
GrammaTech is seeking a talented and capable DevOps engineer to work on our new enterprise software security product. You will work on the DevOps/CloudOps infrastructure for this SaaS product, as well as on an installer for an on-premises option. The portal part of the product was built from the ground up with the latest technologies and agile techniques. The back-end part involves the transition of innovative research into machine-learning driven software security analysis conducted by our world-class research organization. You will work closely with both teams to arrange the delivery of this new product to early adopters, and beyond to its deployment in the cloud.
Location: Remote opportunity is available in North America depending on previous experience and skill, preference is in Ithaca, NY or Bethesda, MD.
his hands-on Director level position will join the product development teams as the leader of the DevOps/CloudOps group and will also have oversight into other Automation work including QA Automation.
- Take ownership of our DevOps/CloudOps infrastructure
- Employ best practices in engineering, test strategy, and test management to develop comprehensive testing frameworks and infrastructure
- Focus on both product quality and security
- Create and modify infrastructure code to deploy into cloud environments, and for on-premises installations
- Identify and implement tools to improve existing environments (CI/CD, monitoring, logging)
- Work closely with other members of the development team to automate and streamline operations and processes
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations
- Monitor applications for anomalies and propose solutions to improve availability and performance
- Support continuous code deployment while maintaining quality, compliance, and security across our platform
- Participate fully in Agile/Scrum ceremonies to ensure a smooth and efficient development process
- Strong experience with
- containerization tools such as Docker
- packaging tools such as gravitational or replicated
- container orchestration tools such as Docker Swarm, Kubernetes, Amazon ECS
- cloud providers such as Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google GCE
- Systems administrator-level command-line experience with Linux
- Experience with distributed version control systems such as hg or git
- Experience with continuous deployment/continuous integration systems such as TravisCI, GitHub pipelines, GitLab CI
- Configuration management systems such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Amazon CloudFormation
- Orchestrated application deployments such as Helm
- Infrastructure management systems such as Terraform
- Programming experience in React, Angular, NodeJS, or Python
- Testing Machine Learning systems
- Experience testing GraphQL or REST APIs using modern tools like Postman
- Experience with Static and/or Dynamic Analysis
- Reverse-engineering or malware-analysis techniques
- Understanding of compiler design, C/C++ parsers
- Experience with building end-to-end automation testing for Single Page Angular applications, including integration into CI/CD pipelines
- BS in Technical field Information Systems or a related field, MS preferred
- 10+ years working in industry
About the Company
Innovation is at the heart of GrammaTech, and we are constantly pushing the boundaries of software research and development–from software assurance and software integrity to cyber-security, threat mitigation and autonomic computing. We develop new technologies and see the results of our research incorporated into tools used by engineers and security professionals worldwide.
GrammaTech was founded in 1988, with the firmly-grounded purpose of helping today’s organizations develop tomorrow’s software. With a focus on the evolving cyber-security landscape, software hardening and intelligent systems, we tackle the most challenging software issues through a constant stream of highly innovative research and commercial development programs. Headquartered in Bethesda, MD (near Washington DC) and with a tech hub near Cornell university in Ithaca, NY in the beautiful Finger Lakes Region of New York. Additionally, GrammaTech has over 30% of our workforce in remote locations.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including health care plan options, a generous paid time off program, flexible hours, company-sponsored employee pension plan, and opportunities for professional and personal development.
GrammaTech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Disability/Veterans/Affirmative Action employer. Members of protected groups are encouraged to apply.