Interactive visualisation of trains of the future + emission data maps (f/m/x) at Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V. (Braunschweig, Deutschland)
Location: Braunschweig, Deutschland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-12-31 05:00:50
Welcome to DLR!
Our Institute for Software Technology in Braunschweig wishes to recruit a Computer Scientist (f/m/x) for the task of Interactive visualisation of trains of the future and emission data maps.
We want to strengthen our team in Visual Analytics (VA) and Mixed Reality (MR). Multiple projects are involved. For the first one, DLR is developing modular approaches for future train systems. This should make it possible to adapt trains to different application scenarios. A Virtual Reality (VR) application is to be developed that visualises and to reconfigures the modular system. The resulting changes should present the effect to related processes (e.g. hydrogen or electricity flow) within the train for 3D exploration as well as data query driven analysis. In a second project, different emission data (CO2, fine dust, noise, infrasound, etc.) is to be visualised in the open-source application CosmoScout VR. For this purpose, standardized interface to the data is required. Interaktive data analytics should support fluent navigation from global view to 3D city views. For that, new approaches for multi-resolution data presentation and interaction is needed. Your tasks will be:
- development of new and innovative ideas for depicted projects
- design of a VR-based application using a game engine for the interactive visualisation of a modular drive system in trains
- development of visualisation methods for complex technical systems that exploit immersive technologies and Visual Analytics
- extension of CosmoScout VR for interactive visualisation of emission data
- development and evaluation of methods for the analysis and visualisation of large georeferenced datasets to aim at trend and uncertainty assessment
- design and implementation of web-based user interfaces for the integration of computer graphic intensive applications
If you enjoy software development and want to become part of our team, we are looking forward to receiving your application. We are looking for highly motivated colleagues who identify with their work and inspire others. We also offer you the opportunity to contribute your own ideas and to initiate new projects on your own responsibility. You will be expected to present your work at international conferences and in scientific journals. We offer an exciting, friendly and flexible working environment, where part-time employment is also possible.
- outstanding Master's degree in computer science or a similar field of study
- experience with a game engine (preferably Unreal Engine)
- experience in the field of Visual Analytics (VA) and interactive visualisation
- programming knowledge in C++
- experience in development of computer graphics applications in OpenGL / GLSL
- ability to work in a team, creativity, independence and personal responsibility
- very good language skills in German and English
- ideally a strong interest in human-computer interaction
- confidence in using software engineering tools such as Git, GitLab CI, Travis CI is desirable
- experience with 3D modelling tools, such as Blender, is welcome
Look forward to a fulfilling job with an employer who appreciates your commitment and supports your personal and professional development. Our unique infrastructure offers you a working environment in which you have unparalleled scope to develop your creative ideas and accomplish your professional objectives. Our human resources policy places great value on a healthy family and work-life-balance as well as equal opportunities for persons of all genders (f/m/x). Individuals with disabilities will be given preferential consideration in the event their qualifications are equivalent to those of other candidates.