Senior FrontEnd Engineer - Angular at Hearst Magazines (Chicago, IL)
Location: Chicago, IL
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-12-31 05:00:50
Hearst Magazines’ iCrossing team is looking for a Senior UI Engineer to work with one of our largest clients as they improve their consumer ecommerce experience. We work in small agile teams and your experience and contribution will have an immediate impact.
As a Senior UI / Front End Engineer, you will be part of the Hearst Solutions and Services group, an integrated team of iCrossing and Hearst Magazines team members that leverages the power of our first-party data and content expertise to provide meaningful insight, influence, and business impact for our clients. With unrivalled access to Hearst resources and expertise, we transform customer and digital experience to significantly grow businesses and drive commerce around the world.
What you’ll do
- You will use your experience handcoding HTML5, CSS3, TypeScript, Angular 2.0 to develop front end code for highly visible consumer facing marketing web application
- You will Implement high fidelity, responsive front-end layouts from creative comps
- You will Collaborate with back end software engineers to integrate your web application with the APIs that provide access to underlying systems and databases
- You will work as a team member on large accounts, understanding how a team operates and what is expected of the various roles on the project
- You will have a chance grow your technical leadership and architecture skills to establish presentation layer technical requirements
- You may produce interim deliverables (such as style guide components, technical specifications, browser and market analysis, prototypes, proofs of concept, etc.) in addition to the final live site or application. In addition, you may participate in authoring of technical and business requirement documentation
Who you are
- You have some experience with Node-based workflow and build systems such as Webpack
- You may have some proficiency in UX design, information architecture and/or graphic design, but prefer to code!
- You have experience with the Angular web framework
- You have experience working on scrum teams in an Agile context
- You possess a strong understanding of modern web development practices including implementing responsive design and mobile first layouts
- You are adept with GIT and have a solid understanding of best practices for version control across distributed teams