Director of Software Development (Hands On) at Genesys () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-12-31 05:00:52
Genesys MultiCloud Voice team is responsible for delivering robust and scalable Genesys Voice Solution as MultiCloud Service. Genesys Voice Solution, a market leader in Contact Center Space, provides an unparalleled feature richness, scalability, and stability as well as outstanding Customer Experience for Genesys customers. MultiCloud Voice team carries out new feature deliveries, establishes monitoring and alerting practices, participates in customer service configuration and scaling, ensures continuous service uptime and availability, addresses customer issue resolution.
You will lead part of Genesys MultiCloud Voice Development team and will be responsible for creation and delivery of Genesys Voice solution components, interfacing with Product Management, Customer Care, PS and Provisioning teams to ensure timely service delivery and issue resolution.
Director, Development responsibilities:
***this position can be located anywhere in North America as be fully remote***
- Lead architecture, design, implementation, testing, and operation of Genesys Voice solution components and microservices.
- This is a hands on role mentoring and leading with no direct reports until probably after 6-12 months.
- Collaborate with other Genesys teams (PM, Operations, Care, PS, Provisioning) to establish robust service delivery pipeline and efficient issue resolution process.
- Design, implementation and testing of CI/CD pipelines.
- Analyze customer issues and requests and continuously improve service by defining product enhancements.
Required skills and experience:
- Bachelor or master’s degree in Computer Science or similar engineering field
- 10+ years of experience in software development
- 5+ years of experience managing software development teams while still being hands on.
- Proven record delivering microservice-based production grade scalabale cloud solutions
- Hands-on experience with commercial cloud environments such as AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience with establishing processes to maintain 24/7 solution availability
- Experience with maintaining cloud solutions including CI/CD pipelines, deployments, upgrades, monitoring, alarming, and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with Redis, Kafka, and SQL DBs
- Kubernetes experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of Genesys solutions and products is a plus