Senior Software Engineer - Security Data Management at Anchore () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-12-31 05:00:53
Anchore is a company with an important mission: to help teams create and deploy software safely using modern container infrastructure. We operate in a dynamic, fast-growing market segment with a strong belief that Anchore will become the defining technology company for DevSecOps. Our technology is currently in use at major enterprises and the United States Department of Defense.Founded in Santa Barbara, California, Anchore has expanded rapidly with team members in Colorado, North Carolina, D.C Metro area, as well as remotely throughout the United States and Europe. We value kindness, ownership and openness above all else. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about the future of software development and who want to be part of a collaborative team that truly makes a difference.
We’re looking for a senior software engineer to build, maintain, and grow our security data services that help power our security analysis engine. This role will be writing code, understanding the security patching and reporting processes of other vendors and building and maintaining the data that Anchore uses internally to get customers a best-of-breed vulnerability scanning system as well as future data-driven applications.
What you can expect to be doing:
- Build automation and data curation systems to combine and collate data from multiple security sources such as linux distributions, language runtimes, and packaging ecosystems.
- Analyze and extract value from security data that can be delivered to on-premises customers quickly and efficiently
- Build and maintain production services in cooperation with the operations team to ensure stable and performant systems for customers.
- Write efficient and clean code to perform data transform and extraction operations
- Work with product management and other engineering teams to use the data you produce to enhance product features
- Keep up-to-date with the security reporting ecosystem and the many vendor data sources available.
What you’ll need to bring:
- Strong data management skills and a track record of working with large datasets
- Understanding of the vulnerability reporting and publication processes in the Linux ecosystem
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- DevOps experience building and operating production systems either directly or in cooperation with an operations team.