Senior Frontend Engineer at Pento () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-12-31 05:00:53
At Pento, we're building a better and faster payroll experience for companies and their employees. We're a remote-first company, with a team in over 17 different countries.
We're looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our growing team. Your mission is to help us help our customers, by ensuring we are building a world-class product.
We’re looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer who cares deeply about building captivating user experiences while challenging our thinking on software architecture. Someone with a passion for building beautiful products, who is always up for a challenge.
This is an opportunity to join a team of talented problem solvers, looking at untangling a complex problem, and finding simple solutions. Through your work, you will have a direct impact on how people get paid, helping take Pento to the next level and building a seamless experience for our customers.
More about the role and responsibilities
- Research, develop and document new software solutions.
- Work closely with both product and design to understand our customers' needs and iterate on findings to deliver a great user experience throughout our platform.
- Contribute to growing, improving and maintaining our own in-house design system through adding new components and documentation.
- Collaborate with the product engineering team in an agile manner.
- Take operational responsibility for the code that you write over the entire software development life cycle.
- Maintain and improve our existing codebase.
- Write high quality and performant React/GraphQL code that works flawlessly.
- Provide support on our production code, from customer related operations to bug fixing.
- Mentor and coach Engineers.
- Champion the writing of high quality code.
- Contribute to our overall approach and standards within the Engineering discipline.
- Maintain the standard of quality for our codebase and engineering team through hiring.
- Steer Engineering initiatives, working closely with the Tech Lead.
Our tech stack
We build and host our application using modern and reliable technologies like React, GraphQL, Golang, PostgreSQL, Docker and Kubernetes. On top of that, we also have our own built in-house technologies, like our design system, that not only facilitates the collaboration between our Product Designers and Frontend Engineers, but also stimulates coherence and speed in all our Frontend development.
The role will be a great fit if...
- You have a few years of professional experience in software engineering, working in a team environment.
- You have experience in frontend development, building, running and debugging web applications.
- You're familiar with defining and building GraphQL APIs.
- You're passionate about great design and user experience.
Don’t worry about being a 100% fit. That’s impossible nonsense, anyway. If this sounds like an interesting opportunity to you and you think it could work, let’s chat.
We're committed to building a team capable of building a product for everyone, representing different and varied backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. We welcome applications from everyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, civil or family status, age, or disability.
Our benefits and perks
- An equity option plan so you can benefit from our success.
- Flexible working, and the best tech and home set-up equipment of your choice.
- Unlimited time off and yearly team summits.
- The opportunity to join an early-stage tech company on an incredible trajectory.
You can read more about our broader perks here.
What it's like working at Pento
We're a technology company, not an accountancy, payroll bureau, or similar. We're building a better and faster payroll experience for companies and their employees. Pento lets you run payroll in real-time, automating the entire process. Instead of relying on spreadsheets, bank transfers, and countless manual checks, our platform gives you complete control over every step with easy-to-use, cloud-based tools, real-time calculations, greater transparency, and exceptional support.
You can watch a short product demo by our co-founder and CEO, Jonas, here.
Our team and environment
You can learn more about who we are and how we like to work over at Pento Home.
We're a remote-first company, pushing forward how we work for the better. Our progressive environment of people-first practices supports our team adopting flexible and tailored ways of working. This enables our mission of building a truly inclusive environment.
Why now is a really exciting time to join us
- Payroll hasn’t been disrupted since… ever.
- Every company runs payroll, but very few companies are happy with their current process.
- Pento makes payroll up to 80% more efficient (we're probably being conservative here).
- We're helping over hundreds of companies run payroll across the UK and on a mission to bring Pento to many more!
- Our customers love Pento — our NPS is above 70 (check our Trustpilot by the way).
- Senior Backend Engineer (Remote , +3/-3 CET hours)Engineering · Fully Remote
- Backend Engineer (Remote , +3/-3 CET hours)Engineering · Fully Remote
- Backend Engineer, Integrations & API (Remote , +3/-3 CET hours)Engineering