Senior Front-End Developer at Catawiki () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-12-31 05:00:54
The Catawiki Story
A piece of the moon, a complete dinosaur skeleton, the Pope's hat, the world's smallest book - at Catawiki, we come across exceptional objects such as these every single day. As Europe’s fastest growing online auction platform, our mission is to make special objects available to everyone.
In fact, 10 million users are buying and selling on Catawiki every month. This means we are continually growing and always on the lookout for new talent.
Born and raised in The Netherlands, we started in 2008 as a platform where collectors could manage their collections online. Yet, times change, ideas evolve, and in 2011 we hosted our first online auction and we haven’t looked back since! We’ve now grown to 650+ Catawikians working across 7 International offices and are proud to have maintained our start-up mentality.
What you’ll do
Working in a high traffic environment, you will have the opportunity to build new features to grow the business and measure the impact. We are highly data-driven so A/B experimentation is at our core. You will be part of the frontend guild which is distributed across multiple teams consisting of a Product Owner, UX designer, backend, mobile and frontend developers.
You will also work with the frontend guild on maintaining and improving our infrastructure to keep the stack scalable, maintainable, and predictable. We encourage new ideas and you will have the opportunity to share them at our guild meetings where we openly discuss them.
What you’ll bring
You know how to explain a problem and a solution, both in detail to a technical crowd and in a simplified way to non-technical people. You know how to organise your time efficiently, are calm and collected when a problem arises in production, and are great at prioritising your work. In addition, you have a proven track record in the following:
- Experience with React is preferred
- Redux or any other state management tool
- Styling while using the BEM methodology or any of the modern approaches with using PostCSS for CSSinJS, CSS modules etc.
- Functional and Object-oriented programming paradigms
- Unit testing
- Build automation, webpack/rollup
Catawiki is committed to building a diverse company and diverse teams. That includes everyone, no matter your age, ability, gender, race, religion, or sexual orientation. We welcome applications from underserved and underrepresented communities. If you’ve got a story to tell, come and join us.
Working and hiring remotelyAs we navigate through the Covid19 pandemic together, we want to reassure you that keeping candidates and our employees safe is of paramount importance to us. That’s why the entire recruitment process will take place remotely, using phone and video calls. For successful applicants who end up being hired, we always ensure a safe, engaging, and (for the time being) remote onboarding experience. When it is safe to do so, Catawiki implementing a hybrid work policy where employees based in the Netherlands will work from the office once per week and from home for the rest. Outside of The Netherlands, we are able to employ people to work remotely in France, Germany, Spain, Italy, and Belgium.
Here’s what we can offer youThis is your chance to become part of a fast but sustainable growing tech company! You'll be part of an enthusiastic, highly motivated team of 650+ international Catawikians; you'll have big responsibilities and can really create something. Additionally, you can expect:
- An attractive Stock Option package
- A diverse and international team with over 50 different nationalities.
- Catawiki provides you with a membership to the O’Reilly learning platform.
- As part of Catawiki’s goal to create a healthy and happy culture, we’ve partnered with Headspace, a global leader in mindfulness and meditation! We provide our employees with a free one-year subscription for Headspace.
- Work from home office set-up to make sure you have all you need in an ergonomically-friendly manner.
- A bike scheme for employees that helps realise a tax advantage which makes a bike up to 35% cheaper than buying!
- Our entrepreneurial environment encourages everyone to take initiative and experiment with new ideas. You’ll actively contribute to the growth of the Catawiki platform.
- For people living outside of NL we offer a great relocation package for you and your family
- The fun part! Our Activity Committee plans everything from ‘CataFooty’ to International Food Festivals, Friday Drinks, Board Game Nights, Pub Quizzes and Boot Camps!
- And there’s more! Paid holidays, Holiday Allowance, a discount on health insurance and a fantastic pension plan paid for by Catawiki.