CPU/SW Architect at Intel Corporation (Haifa, Israel)
Location: Haifa, Israel
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-12-31 05:00:54
We are looking for a best in class senior CPU/SW Architect, to work on the next generation of breakthrough technologies for Intel's flagship CPUs. The goal of these technologies is to achieve a significant breakthrough in one or more of the following vectors: Improve user perceivable system performance/efficiency, better system security, ease of use for SW developers, scalability, and more. The more specific goals and target workloads may vary over time and could include one or more of the following areas: general purpose instructions for improved efficiency, compression/decompression, memory management instructions, Homomorphic encryption, HPC, media acceleration, etc.You will become part of the world class team that develops all our server and client processors.Job responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Analysis of existing algorithms, workloads, usage cases and scenarios to identify performance bottlenecks or opportunities for improvements.
- Development of innovative HW/SW capabilities to mitigate these bottlenecks or achieve said improvements.
- Collaborate with hardware and software product teams and provide technical leadership to these teams towards the development of optimal SW/HW solutions.
- Actively participate in the prototyping of these new technologies.
- Interact with the world-leading SW vendors to understand their requirements, review architectural proposals, and tailor solutions to their needs.
- Write specification documents for the algorithms, architecture and SW. And document at a higher level the expected microarchitectural implementation.
- Extensive experience in the development of CPU HW or SW or both, with focus on the HW side. We will also consider candidates with extensive SW expertise and enough understanding of HW.
- At least 8 years of experience as SW \ HW Architect.
- A solid track record of significant professional achievements in areas relevant to the job description and responsibilities.
- Knowledge of modern CPU microarchitectures. Knowledge of the Intel Architecture is an advantage.
- Team player, ability and willingness to work in cross-site and matrix environments.
- Ability to perform also in situations of technical uncertainty and vague requirements.
Inside this Business Group
Intel Architecture, Graphics, and Software (IAGS) brings Intel's technical strategy to life. We have embraced the new reality of competing at a product and solution level—not just a transistor one. We take pride in reshaping the status quo and thinking exponentially to achieve what's never been done before. We've also built a culture of continuous learning and persistent leadership that provides opportunities to practice until perfection and filter ambitious ideas into execution.