Senior Cloud Engineer (m/f/x) at kreuzwerker (Frankfurt am Main, Germany)
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-12-31 05:00:55
Expert problem solving from down-to-earth folks.
We are kreuzwerker. Digital technology is a real and honest craft for us.
If you are into consultation, but not the fuss of a big consulting firm, then become a kreuzwerker.
With us you can always find new solutions to new problems, while growing and thriving in a family environment.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a Senior Cloud Engineer to join our team. You will design, shape, and maintain projects for a diverse range of businesses. Whether it’s working for big enterprises or for the latest tech startups, as independent teams or as integrated experts, you are going to drive change. kreuzwerker’s projects will give you a chance to learn and take on new challenges in a variety of environments.
- Architect solutions for the cloud, focusing on the Well-Architected pillars (operational excellence, security, reliability, performance efficiency, and cost optimization)
- Advocate to help our clients make the most out of every project with kreuzwerker. You are passionate about customer satisfaction.
- Improve existing infrastructure, focussing strongly on automation.
- Collaborate with DevOps teams to create, improve and maintain infrastructure.
WHAT WE OFFER
- 30 days of vacation and the opportunity to take sabbaticals.
- A whole lot of creative freedom and the right to speak your mind.
- A lot of space to grow and develop, either in technical or leadership positions.
- Flat hierarchies and short paths of decision.
- Exciting, highly talented colleagues from 28+ nations.
- If so desired: We will prep you to speak at conferences, contribute to our open source projects or organize meetups.
- Personal training budget of 2.500 EURO and 5 paid development vacation days per year.
- Mentoring, Knowledge Exchange and Hackathons with experienced colleagues.
- Fresh and organic meals from our very own chef Sawsan!
- Company excursions, events and tours such as our 'Landpartie'. A weekend in the countryside with all kreuzwerker friends and family
- German courses with our own language teachers.
WHAT WE EXPECT
- Your profile:
- Previous experience in a DevOps-related, customer-facing role.
- Proven experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) and agile methodologies.
- Hands-on experience with building and managing release systems, code merging and promotion, and CI/CD workflows and tools.
- Experience with automated build scripts used for release management across all environments.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field.
- Bonus points for:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate core concepts (CI/CD, Agile & Automation) with internal and external stakeholders.
- Existing AWS certificates: AWS DevOps, AWS Solution Architect Pro.
- Experience with CloudFormation, CDK, terraform or Ansible in production environments.
- Experience with monitoring and log aggregating frameworks such as CloudWatch, Datadog, Splunk, Opentracing, X-Ray, and APM tools.
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPN's, DNS, load balancing and firewalls.
- Understanding of software architecture and automated testing.
- Understanding of microservices and distributed computing.
- Willingness to learn/improve your German.