Lead Engineer - Native vertical - Porto at eDreams ODIGEO (Porto, Portugal)
Location: Porto, Portugal
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-12-31 05:00:55
Are you ready to shape the future of travel by working at one of the world’s largest online travel companies? At eDreams ODIGEO you will have a real impact, combining more than 600 airlines and 100.000 flights worldwide every day into billions of potential combinations and helping our users find the very best travel deals.
As a Lead Engineer you will face the challenge of balancing the demands of managing a team, giving technical guidance and contributing to code.
Lead Engineer life can be extraordinarily rewarding. You will mentor and help other engineers progress on their professional growth, you will have to input into decisions that have a far broader impact on the eDreams ODIGEO user base and the business and you will develop new skills and capabilities . This growth will provide you with even more opportunities for career growth and learning.
If you think that you have what it takes to become a great Lead Engineer here at eDreams ODIGEO, you are passionate about software development and think the role is as cool and exciting as we do, do not hesitate to apply.
Mission: Ensure technical excellence, maximize team health and develop and evaluate developers within the team.
- Provide technical support and mentoring to developers to enable them to resolve problems, prioritize tickets and solve business issues.
- Liaise with architecture to ensure optimal solutions on your modules and to promote technical improvements.
- Define the technical strategy of your modules and align it with the Development Director and architects.
- Work with Product and Business to ideate and shape the strategy and direction for evolution of the product within your domain
- Represent technical expertise in key decisions with Product and Business, providing options, managing expectations and assessing, alerting and preventing risks.
- Balance the capacity of the team in the most effective way possible among feature development, bug fixing, innovation and technical improvement.
- Help the team to translate functional specifications into high-performance, logical technical design and code, split into digestible tasks, tied to iterative deliverables and providing value.
- Ensure that any incidence is managed by the team with priority requested
People leadership & Team management:
- Be responsible for employees performance management, setting goals and conducting performance evaluation for developers in the team.
- Act as a mentor for developers helping them develop their professional career within the company.
- Ensure that the team is self-organised to take collective responsibility for the work and improve team dynamics.
- Participate in talent attraction and engagement initiatives in the team.
- Promote a work environment that fosters collaboration inside the team and with other teams and keeps people engaged.
- Foster in the team a spirit of ideation and continuous improvement of processes and products
Requirements:Key role competencies:
- Decision making
- Influencing others
- Value driven
- Developing and growing self and others
Key technical skills:
- Coding, OO design & system design
- Performance tuning
- Technology knowledge
- Code base knowledge
- Software engineering best practices and methodologies
- Quality Mindset
- Industry knowledge
- IT know how
- Confidence and Self control
- Risk Management
- Organizational Awareness
- Quality focus & attention to details
- Technical documentation
- Functional knowledge
- Cross system knowledge
- Performance engineering, design patterns & data modelling
- Distributed, concurrent and scalable systems
What do we offer?
- Safe environment during COVID times & full flexibility to work from home up to 100% of your time during this period. After September 2021, we will be adopting a new flexible remote work policy to offer diverse lifestyle choices.
- We support a phenomenal lifestyle and work-life balance (eg. half-day Fridays, flexible hours, 24 days of holiday + 2 extra days off etc.)
- A free eDreams Prime subscription to benefit from significant discounts on your travels.
- Competitive compensation package with an attractive bonus structure.
- Excellent environment for continuous growth and learning: thanks to our dedicated in-house Learning & Development team, you will have access to a wide range of technical and soft skills training, language courses, tech talks, access to industry events and conferences and many more tools to help you become a star performer.
- Free subscription to O'Reilly Online Learning.
- Fast-track career development: with our unique development programs, which are tailored to your needs, you are always working towards the next step on your career path.
- We also have for you a Ticket Restaurant benefit & unlimited beverages and coffee for free at the office (with many types of milk alternatives) because we like our eDOers happy and healthy!
- New to the city? We also offer great relocation packages.
- Annual awards for a variety of team and individual achievements and a horizontal and transparent culture where continuous peer feedback is our mantra and speaking up your own innovative ideas is a given.
- Work cross functionally in an agile environment and learn from our senior engineers with experience in scaling products from 0 to infinity!
- Fun at work: at eDreams ODIGEO, work and fun go hand in hand!
… And the opportunity to work in a dynamic, dedicated, fun and passionate team of professionals. We journey together!
Come fly with us and join us now.eDreams ODIGEO under its four leading online travel agency brands – eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo, Travellink, and the metasearch engine Liligo –is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.