Programme Test Manager at Worldline (Beeston, UK)
Location: Beeston, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-12-31 05:00:55
Worldline [Euronext: WLN] is the European leader in the payments and transactional services industry and #4 player worldwide. With its global reach and its commitment to innovation, Worldline is the technology partner of choice for merchants, banks and third-party acquirers as well as public transport operators, government agencies and industrial companies in all sectors. Powered by over 20,000 employees in more than 50 countries, Worldline provides its clients with sustainable, trusted and secure solutions across the payment value chain, fostering their business growth wherever they are. Services offered by Worldline in the areas of Merchant Services; Terminals, Solutions & Services; Financial Services and Mobility & e-Transactional Services include domestic and cross-border commercial acquiring, both in-store and online, highly-secure payment transaction processing, a broad portfolio of payment terminals as well as e-ticketing and digital services in the industrial environment. In 2019 Worldline generated a proforma revenue of 5.3 billion euros.
At Worldline, our technology addresses persistent challenges of the payment world. We design and operate leading digital payment and transactional solutions that enable balanced economic growth and reinforce trust and security in our societies.
We have many hardworking and dedicated peers that would love for you to work with them. We are committed to continuous improvement. We are always looking for new and innovative ways to improve quality, reduce costs, build excellent solutions, and grow customer happiness. We would like to welcome an organized, innovative and process driven colleague to our team.
Your day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Support the Head of Testing ensuring continued Test Automation growth, Test Process Improvement (TPI) and Test Management Maturity (TMMi)
- Organisation level Test Policies, Strategies and processes - Support and contribute to the documentation, implementation, monitoring, and enforcement of all processes for testing, and identifying any deviances with a plan to remove the deviance(s)
- Product level Test Strategies - Ensure the creation of and ensuring adherence to the product level policies, strategies and road maps, including Test Automation strategies, identifying any deviances with a plan to remove the deviance(s)
- Offshore capability - Support plans for increasing the offshore capability of testing
- lead on innovation and design by maintaining an awareness of opportunities provided by new technologies and practices to address challenges and enable new ways of working.
- work within and feed back into the wider Test Community
- Provide cover for Test Managers as required and meet the Test Manager roles and Responsibilities
- Taking a lead on practice-wide/internal initiatives
- Promote and show ownership of Test Quality
- Build relationships in other field areas to continually review working processes with a view to reduce costs and time to market while improving quality
- People Management
- Development and career progression of direct reports
- Appraisals, objective setting and performance management of direct reports
- Training requirements (Technical, TPI and Soft skills) - Identifying training, support courses required to meet any training requirements supplied by the Test Manager
- Customer facing - Provide customer facing support as and when required
- Test Environment Support - Support the Test Manager(s) in creating business cases for the lack of environment/equipment/device availability to provide test coverage as expected
- Test Automation - To actively promote Test Automation in all areas and ensure that where test automation is not in place that it is considered for all new work items unless a caveat has been agreed
- Test Community - To actively promote, participate and encourage the Test Community within all sectors of Worldline UK&I not just within the confines of test people
- Defect Management - To actively identify ways to improve defect discovery as early as possible in the project life cycle ensuring consistency of approach across UK&I and recommend improvements
- High profile project support
- Provide Test Governance support to high profile projects as allocated that may not be meeting test governance standards
- Provide enablers to reduce the need for further support in the same area
- Reporting - Ensuring that regular reports (static and dynamic) are provided to all partners as stated in the organisation level strategies and raising deviance's to the Programme Test Manager
- Flexibility - the ability and experience needed to tackle all issues encountered
- Expert-level Test life-cycle delivery skills
Skills we can’t do without:
- ISEB / ISTQB certified - Foundation
- experienced in leading test labs and devices including the scheduling and maintenance of ensuring that the kit is available on time and at the required versions etc.
- track record of leadership and innovation
- experience leading multiple projects simultaneously ensuring correct and timely resources
- experience of Agile/Scrum/DevOps, Kanban and hyrid testing model, etc.
- a broad range of experience with varying types of projects and applications;
- ability to train and mentor other team members
- management & appraisal of staff
- fluent English language written and verbal. Capable of interacting with partners at all levels and creating clear and concise process documentation.
- experienced presenter and facilitator with a track record for influencing and guiding senior management teams, customers & users.
- candidates should be fully UK mobile: willing to work on items across the UK if requested.
Skills we’d like:
- ISEB / ISTQB - Advanced / Specialist level
- TMMi Professional
- Jira / Confluence / Azure DevOps knowledge
- Understanding of accreditation processes (ITSO, Optomony, SDCI+, EMV payments, etc.)
More reasons to join us:
In addition to joining a global leader in digital transformation, you can also expect an excellent range of benefits. These include: an exciting salary, 25 days’ annual leave, private medical insurance, an attractive pension scheme plus many more. We also operate a flexible benefits scheme, allowing you to purchase discounted products and services.
What’s more, we really value Innovation, Cooperation, Excellence and Empowerment. These values are reflected on our daily work. This is the core of our organization. At Worldline our top priority is to engage, encourage and develop you to help you improve your potential. In fact, we have comprehensive training and development programs in place demonstrating our dedication to developing your career.
Our success comes from strong skills, new insights, diverse points of view and the energy of all of our people at Worldline. Not only do they represent the Heart and Face of our company, they are also key players in our success. We make leading our talents a major asset in the success of our business.
Worldline is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The 20 000 employees of Worldline are all different but share the same values. You can see it in the way we behave. We are curious and humble – we are learning every day, we keep things simple and everyone engaged. In our fast-moving industry, we are adaptable and life-long learners. Everyone demonstrates the same dedication to quality and efficiency. We have an entrepreneurial spirit and sense of service. Above all, we never turn our back on a challenge. These values nurture a dynamic and innovative team where everyone can develop and grow.