Senior Manager Data Analytics - Supply Chain at McDonald's Corporation (Chicago, IL)
Location: Chicago, IL
Type: Full Time
Created: 2021-12-31 05:00:55
McDonald’s new growth strategy, Accelerating the Arches, encompasses all aspects of our business as the leading global omni-channel restaurant brand. As the consumer landscape shifts we are using our competitive advantages to further strengthen our brand. One of our core growth strategies is to Double Down on the 3Ds (Delivery, Digital and Drive Thru). McDonald’s will accelerate technology innovation so 65M+ customers a day will experience a fast, easy experience, whether at one of our 25,000 and growing Drive Thrus, through McDelivery, dine-in or takeaway.
We are in search of a talented Analytics professional to join our growing Data Science and Analytics organization. This role will be critical in helping drive data driven decision making for McDonalds global supply chain and restaurant operation functions.
This dynamic individual will lead a small team of data scientists and data engineers to research and build solutions in the areas of demand forecasting, commodities pricing, risk management, sustainability, and operations efficiency. This role will interact with both the central corporate headquarters as well as the various regional and global offices impacting all 118 countries.
We are looking for an experienced leader with a strong data science background and experience working with a cross-functions, global team on researching and developing analytics solutions. This will help the regions to drive and improve business results through data driven strategies, optimization, and automation.
In this role you will:
- Display Leadership/Team Orientation - Work collaboratively to achieve organization’s success. Effectively uses position and interpersonal skills, mobilizes and inspires others to take action (situational leadership). Willing and able to lead beyond area of expertise. Manage/Coordinate work of direct reports, including talent development and performance management.
- Coordinate with stakeholders within a specific business domain on use cases, including collaboration with IT and other corporate functions, markets and business groups. Achieve stretch results. Strong bias for action with sense of urgency and high energy. Practice collaborative working environment to achieve more.
- Hold self and others to high standards, Strive to stay ahead of technical/professional expertise, is proactive and inspires others to stay current in areas of technical expertise. Perform code reviews, research, technical problem solving, solution architecture.
- Business Management – Demonstrate sound business principles and planning processes and defines and measures results. Administrative, budgeting, etc.
- Serve as a champion for data and analytics, enabling our teams to see the power of their story through data and providing the mentorship and support for each global team.
- Maintain a focus on storytelling - understanding how data analytics can both tell, inform and drive improvement into the McDonald’s story.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with every department and region in need of data driven analytics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Math, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering or similar technical fields
- Master’s degree in Data Science, Math or Data Analytics preferred but not required
- Technical knowledge in the analytics space and management of advanced analytics talent
- Experience managing technical teams, preferably in Artifical Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Science, and Analytics
- Previous corporate or consulting experience in managing analytical projects in large cross-functional organizations such as retail, restaurant or food service, CPG, financial services, etc.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing principles and big data architecture; prior experience in partnering with IT to drive large data management initiatives
- Proficiency with data science tools like Alteryx, Microstrategy and understanding of languages like R, python and SQL
- Background in logistics, commodities trading, materials sourcing, demand planning, or retail operations strongly preferred
- 6+ years of experience with varied data environments and data storytelling
- 6+ years of experience with visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, Power BI
- 6+ years of experience with regression and other supervised and unsupervised Machine Learning modeling techniques, with the ability to explain these complex principles in simple understandable language
- Strong people skills required to lead and inspire small teams of direct reports and consulting resources
- Strong written and verbal communication skills - ability to communicate complex issues to senior leadership
Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
McDonald’s is proud to be one of the most recognized brands in the world, with restaurants in over 100 countries that serve 70 million customers daily. As the global leader in the food service industry, our legacy of innovation and hard work continues to drive us.
From drive thru updates to delivery to mobile order and pay, we are innovating quickly and growing. Joining McDonald's means thinking big and preparing for a career that can have influence around the world.
At McDonald’s, we see every day as a chance to create positive impact. We lead through our values centered on inclusivity, service, integrity, community and family. From support of Ronald McDonald House Charities to our Youth Opportunity project and sustainability initiatives, our values keep us dedicated to using our scale for good: good for our customers, people, industry and planet. We also offer outstanding benefits including a sabbatical program, tuition assistance and flexible work arrangements.
While most of us are working remote during COVID-19, we're excited to get back to our state-of-the-art headquarters in the booming West Loop of downtown Chicago! It's set up to be a global hub that cultivates collaboration:
- Take a class at Hamburger University
- Sample future items in our Test Kitchen
- Utilize the latest technology to connect with your team around the globe
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to the diversity of our crew members, staff, operators, and suppliers. We promote an inclusive work environment that creates feel-good moments for everyone. We are interested in people who enhance our company culture: Does this role interest you? We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet every single requirement!
McDonald’s is committed to providing qualified individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of their jobs. Additionally, if you (or another applicant of whom you are aware) require assistance accessing or reading this job posting or otherwise seek assistance in the application process, please contact [email protected]
McDonald’s provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), race, color, religion, ancestry or national origin, age, disability status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, protected military or veteran status, citizenship status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Nothing in this job posting or description should be construed as an offer or guarantee of employment.