Senior Front-end Engineer, Automation at Gorgias () (allows remote)
Add To BookmarksCompany:
Type: Full Time
Created: 2022-01-01 05:00:52
Gorgias helps e-commerce companies deliver excellent customer service at scale. We integrate email, live chat, voice, Facebook, Instagram, and SMS with Shopify, BigCommerce, and Magento.Our product creates a unified customer profile by combining emails, live-chat, and social-media messages with e-commerce data such as purchase and delivery info. Combining all this data in a single application makes customer service more efficient and just better. Another fortunate side-effect is that some requests are completely automated using machine learning. + = We've been around since 2015, and we're serving over 6000+ e-commerce businesses, including Steve Madden, Timbuk2, Decathlon, and Sports Illustrated.Our growth exceeded 200% in 2020, so we raised $25 million Series B in December 2020 to double our global team and to accelerate our progress towards our mission to transform support from painful to exceptional for merchants.
About the Automations engineering team
- The team's primary function is the automation of the customer support process. We enable merchants to configure rules for auto-responses, organize tagging rules and set up intelligent auto-replies for the end-users eCommerce needs. We also provide tools to make support agents more efficient, like macros and phrase prediction.
- There are currently 2 machine learning engineers in the team, two full-stack engineers, 1 senior full-stack engineer, and the engineering manager.
- Complex rules - this is a UI-intensive feature where merchants can create complex trigger-action rules.
- Smart Auto Responses - these are additional capabilities of the rules system and are blocked by a paywall.
- Macros - these are canned responses for replying to frequent customer queries. A merchant can create their own macros.
- Phrase prediction - when agents reply manually to end-users, they are assisted by a specialized phrase prediction solution.
What you will do
- Work on developing features that fall under the Automations portfolio from Gorgias.
- Work mainly on the front end experience of merchants and their end-users
- Build high quality, reusable front-end code, using React with Redux, Typescript, Less, Storybook, Jest, React Testing Library
- Lay down-solid best practices for UI development within the team
- The job is not limited to the front-end in the long run, but at this point, we need someone good at this
- Implement and provide consultation based on UI guidelines (we use Figma)
- Perform code reviews and work to improve our code quality and learn with the team
- Help others grow
- Provide some degree of support to our business partners
Who you are
- We need someone with 3+ years of front-end development to join our team and be the subject matter expert on react.
- We need someone to show us how it's done the right way
- We need someone who can build mobile-friendly UI and make the best call on cross-platform implementation vs. platform-specific
- Who you are
- Familiar with implementing the Accessibility layer in rich web applications
- Keen to grow on the backend and full-stack range
Company Perks & Benefits
- Competitive salary (depending on your location, from €73k to €89k) and equity packages (65th percentile of the market)
- 5 weeks of vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Latest MacBook Pro or equivalent
- Complimentary private health insurance (we use Alan)
- 50% of public transportation reimbursed (Vélib, Navigo, etc.)
- Personal credit card to buy lunches during the week (we use Swile)
- Get up to $700 to set up your workstation at home (working from home should feel breezy)
- Get up to $2000 of learning material (includes books, courses, training sessions, etc.)
- Every quarter, we organize a company-wide summit to discuss where we're going and strengthen the social bonds (once traveling is safe, we'll transform these summits into offsites!)