Development Expert Business Network Pay at SAP (Bengaluru, India)
Location: Bengaluru, India
Type: Full Time
Created: 2022-01-02 05:00:24
What we offer
Our company culture is focused on helping our employees enable innovation by building breakthroughs together. How? We focus every day on building the foundation for tomorrow and creating a workplace that embraces differences, values flexibility, and is aligned to our purpose-driven and future-focused work. We offer a highly collaborative, caring team environment with a strong focus on learning and development, recognition for your individual contributions, and a variety of benefit options for you to choose from. Apply now!
Concur, a part of SAP, imagines the way the world should work, offering cloud-based services that make it simple to manage travel and expenses. Founded in 1993, Concur services are used by 30,000 clients representing 27 million users in more than 150 countries. Your career at Concur is what you make of it. You can forge your own path, switch business units or solve a problem that no one has before. Were inspired by change and by each other which is a major contributing factor to how we have retained the innovative culture.
About Business Network Pay
Exciting opportunity to work on a new product offering from SAP, that will let companies pay for any SAP Pay purchase on SAP Business Network in installments over time, rivaling the buy now, pay later concept. Be part of a team crafting this product grounds up and creating a new market segment.
- Thought leadership: You will represent the core engineering group in several interactions, including primary stakeholders in product development and peer groups. You will also be involved in several activities such as mentoring other engineers, evaluating new technologies, prototyping, architecture/design decisions, high profile customer cases as well as representing our group in various events.
- Taking our platform architecture to the next level: We are always thinking about making things better. We are laser focused on performance, scalability, stability, simplicity, and security. You will be at the forefront of leading-edge technologies and initiatives as part of our journey.
- Being part of the software lifecycle from design to delivery: We run small teams with a purpose, so that our engineers have full visibility and ownership of the service. You will be deeply involved in various parts of the product lifecycle from requirements gathering/analysis, prototyping, coding, diagnosing complex technical issues and mentoring our junior engineers.
- Experience: 14+ years of relevant industry/academia experience in software development and full product life cycles with Engineering stream graduate.
- Experience with programming languages: Have proficiency with any Object-Oriented languages like Java, C++, GOLANG or Python. Strong knowledge in frameworks like Spring and React. Experience with object-oriented concepts is a must have competency.
- Ability to design/create/maintain distributed systems: Must have proficiency with service-based design using REST and open-source frameworks.
- Experience storing/retrieving data: Must have proficiency with database technologies, including knowledge of SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Event Processing: Understand event processing/messaging concepts and frameworks, such as Kafka. Public cloud: Experience working with public cloud (preferably AWS) architecture, including designing an overall solution.
- DevOps: Understand application monitoring and code instrumentation (logging, JMX), code build/deploy, Kubernetes, Docker, NewRelic monitoring as well as infrastructure
- Passion for quality: Our clients and end users rely on our software being stable, secure and of highest quality. A solid understanding of test driven development, risk management is a must have for this role.
- Agile Development: Have a solid understanding in Agile Development, i.e. Scrum, Continuous Integration and DevOps concepts (automated deployments, monitoring/alerting, etc.).
- As a Collaborator: Be a team player, be highly collaborative, i.e., an effective communicator willing to promote ideas but able to listen to/work with others.
- As an Individual: Have a result driven personality, high enthusiasm, energy, confidence and most importantly have a sense of humor. Able to adapt to changing working conditions and assignments and work across organizations and geographies to solve problems blocking team progress.
#SOFEJP #LifeAtSAP #SAPLabsIndia
We are SAP
SAP innovations help more than 400,000 customers worldwide work together more efficiently and use business insight more effectively. Originally known for leadership in enterprise resource planning (ERP) software, SAP has evolved to become a market leader in end-to-end business application software and related services for database, analytics, intelligent technologies, and experience management. As a cloud company with 200 million users and more than 100,000 employees worldwide, we are purpose-driven and future-focused, with a highly collaborative team ethic and commitment to personal development. Whether connecting global industries, people, or platforms, we help ensure every challenge gets the solution it deserves. At SAP, we build breakthroughs, together.
Our inclusion promise
SAPs culture of inclusion, focus on health and well-being, and flexible working models help ensure that everyone regardless of background feels included and can run at their best. At SAP, we believe we are made stronger by the unique capabilities and qualities that each person brings to our company, and we invest in our employees to inspire confidence and help everyone realize their full potential. We ultimately believe in unleashing all talent and creating a better and more equitable world.
SAP is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to the values of Equal Employment Opportunity and provide accessibility accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with SAP and are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team: Americas: [email protected] or [email protected], APJ: [email protected], EMEA: [email protected].
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability:Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, et al), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, or disability.
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Requisition ID:303657 | Work Area: Software-Design and Development | Expected Travel: 0 - 10% | Career Status: Professional | Employment Type: Regular Full Time | Additional Locations: