Software Development Technical Lead at BET Software (Umhlanga, South Africa)
Location: Umhlanga, South Africa
Type: Full Time
Created: 2022-01-02 05:00:44
Joining BET Software, the technical arm of premier bookmaker, Hollywoodbets is an opportunity to become part of one of one of Sub-Saharan Africa’s biggest technological success stories. Our multiskilled team is passionate about pushing boundaries to create world-class solutions. We offer a dynamic work environment that supports learning and growth, a place where you can flourish amongst like-minded individuals. Currently on an exponential growth path, we’re increasing our footprint with the objective of establishing BET as a leader in global markets. Consider coming along for the ride…you’ll never be bored.
BET is seeking a Technical Lead, the purpose of the role is to plan, design, lead, and execute technical solutions and improvements within the respective software development team. The Technical Lead is a technical expert with a strong understanding of technology, systems architecture, data structures and data sources.
- Relevant Degree or Diploma.
- A background in Software Development in a commercial environment.
- At least 5 years’ experience in software project delivery and managing a team.
- Provide technical leadership to the team through collaboration sessions and knowledge sharing initiatives.
- Engage regularly with software architects in order to ensure the development within the team is according to architectural guidelines.
- Work with other developers, designers/analysts, and architects to make sure that the solutions meet application requirements and performance goals.
- Ensure checked in code is reviewed to ensure standards are met and the code base is sound.
- Ensure that all technical solutions that are rolled out consider compatibility with other environments and dependencies; have a high usability factor; are reliable to reduce time and perform at maximum efficiency during peak periods of usage; consider security at its highest level (third party attacks; data protection etc)
- Drive the adoption of processes within the team which consider and meet the expectations of technical throughput rates and responses; processing times; effective resource utilization during operation and where the system or solution ensures maximum operational capacity requirements are met.
Quality of Software Implementation
- Ensure rigorous testing of any solution before deployment and create standards and processes within the team to align to these.
- Ensure the delivery of a complete and technically appropriate solution which covers all the agreed specified tasks and user objectives and has been tested thoroughly.
- Ensure relevant documentation is provided to support teams to reduce development support load.
- Where possible work to develop and implement a quality mechanism for the solution to analyse its own faults and provide reports prior to a critical failure.
- Develop the solution in a manner which supports modification for future developers thereby reducing the numbers of defects or negatively affecting system quality.
Initiative and Innovation
- Implement improved processes that have a positive effect on the team’s performance and company bottom line.
- Technical problems and opportunities are anticipated and dealt with immediately considering any technical dependencies.
- Take an active involvement in problem resolution and where necessary works after hours to ensure that problems are resolved.
- Shows foresight to prevent errors or delays in projects.
- Demonstrate initiative by understanding, acquiring, and implementing new knowledge and skills both within team and to the wider group.
- Incorporates the new abilities into the day-to-day operational activities to improve performance of products and systems.
- Ensure techniques, technologies, tools, and processes used are in line with industry best practices.
- Identify team members requiring a specific knowledge, skill or understanding and seek ways to impart or upskill the team members through coaching and mentorship.
- Verify the knowledge has been imparted successfully and if not, take steps to rectify gaps in transfer of the knowledge.
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Strong levels of adaptability and decision-making capabilities.
- Capability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced growing environment.
- Resilience and forward-thinking mindset (ability to be resourceful)
- Must have attention to detail and take accountability.
- Excellent problem-solving capability.
Please note that only candidates who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.
If you have not been contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.