Senior Data Engineer at Jack Henry & Associates, Inc.® (Allen, TX)
Location: Allen, TX
Type: Full Time
Created: 2022-01-05 05:00:45
At Jack Henry & Associates, we deliver technology solutions that are digitally transforming and empowering community banks and credit unions to provide enhanced and streamlined user experiences to their customers and members. Our best-in-class products are just the start as we lay the groundwork for the future of digital banking and payments. We hope you’ll join us. We can’t do it without you.
You would be a part of a team of application developers & BI developers that enhance, maintain, and develop data products for our clients. This tight-knit group of like-minded individuals share knowledge and skills with each other to help solve problems and enhance our data products. You will be working closely with product development team to build a new data platform.
This position will be filled to work at the Allen TX Jack Henry office location.
What you’ll be responsible for:
- Design data pipeline to process batch / streaming data using Kafka , Spark and Azure Data tools.
- Build and maintain secure and compliant data processing pipelines and ensure the data pipelines & data stores are high-performing, efficient, organized, and reliable
- Enjoy working in Agile as part of a scrum team and deliver high-quality products incrementally in an interactive manner.
- Estimates tasks with a level of granularity and accuracy commensurate with the information provided.
- Write Test Driven Development-based code to meet overall data quality standards
- Collaborate with business analysts, product owner and other data teams to define, build, and deliver solutions to challenging data problems
- Design and manage data pipeline orchestration.
- Acts a subject matter expert for mobile platform related data.
- May perform other job duties as assigned.
What you’ll need to have:
- Must have at least 6 year of professional experience as a Data Engineer.
- Experienced with Spark framework and related tools (PySpark, Scala, SparkR, Spark SQL, Spark UI).
- Experienced in implementing Azure data solution using Azure Data Factory, Event Hubs, Azure Stream Analytics/Kafka, Azure Functions, Azure SQL, and/or ADLS Gen2/Azure Data Lake.
- Bachelor’s degree.
What would be nice for you to have:
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science/Data Science/Information Technology or related field of study.
- Excellent knowledge of Messaging/Streaming Platforms (e.g. Kafka or similar).
- Experience in ETL processes and tools like SSIS
- Experience in data visualization tools like Tableau or PowerBI
- Experience in designing and developing Data warehouses & Data Marts
- Excellent knowledge on building analytical solutions on Azure Synapse
- Excellent knowledge on open-source data processing pipelines and platform (Apache AirFlow/Apache Beam/etc.)
- Excellent communication and customer interaction skills
- Able to use independent judgment to plan, prioritize and organize a diversified workload.
- Understands and respects chain of command in a professional work environment.
- Understand the need to regard confidential customer and company information with the highest regard.