DevOps Engineer - Spekit - High Growth Series A Startup at Spekit (Denver, CO) (allows remote)
Location: Denver, CO
Type: Full Time
Created: 2022-01-06 05:01:08
Company: Spekit (Founded in 2018)Funding to date: $15M (Series A stage)Position: Python Developer (Senior level preferred) for our new US based Backend team. Comp: $135-$200K (dependent on experience level) + attractive early stage equityTech stack: Kubernetes, AWS, Docker, Python (Must Have), Monitoring, CI/CD, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch, PostgreSQL, LinuxLocation: Remote anywhere in the US
About the Role:
Spekit’s Infrastructure Team is looking for a highly motivated DevOps Engineer to solve interesting challenges in a broad range of areas including releases/deployments, CI/CD, scaling, site reliability, production operations, automation tools and scripting, monitoring, alerting, and security.
- Python Software Development Background (frontend/backend, boto3, DevOps tools)
- Solution Architecture of modern cloud SaaS Environments and Infrastructure
- High Availability and Site Reliability of Infrastructure (automation, monitoring, scaling, alerting)
- Production Engineering or Management of Enterprise SAAS web applications (Nginx, Node.js, Gunicorn, etc)
- DevOps Tools Automation of Cloud Environments (CICD, AWS, Python, Terraform, Packer, etc)
- Web Application Development or Management (Nginx, Node.js, Gunicorn, etc)
- Application and Linux System Troubleshooting
- Proficient working in a cloud based Linux CLI environment
- Knowledge and understanding of network protocols (HTTP/S, SSH, SSL, DNS)
Nice to have:
- PostgreSQL, Redis, RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch
- AWS (EC2, IAM, Lambda, IAM)
- Jenkins, Terraform, Puppet, Docker,
- Graduate or Undergraduate degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering
About the Team:
At Spekit, we strive to be the change we seek. And the change we seek is a wealth of diversity in technology and the workplace. As a company with two female founders, we know that diverse and inclusive cultures drive innovative results. We’ve committed as an organization to elevate underrepresented minorities in technology through awareness, partnerships and even hosting our own scholarships to do our part in changing the status quo.
As a distributed engineering team, we are enthusiastic about the future of work where employees can own their schedule and balance work with a healthy happy lifestyle. We optimize for having clear schedules to focus on getting work done, and balance the need for creative problem solving discovery and human interaction by hosting bi-annual goal-setting retreats for all team members at our headquarters in Denver, Colorado. This is not mandatory for fully remote engineers but encouraged if it's possible.