Engineering Manager, Full Stack - Cisco Meraki - Fully Remote or San Francisco at Cisco Meraki () (allows remote)
Type: Full Time
Created: 2022-01-07 05:00:31
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
The Role and Your Impact:
In this role you will lead a 6-8 person team of extremely talented software engineers. You will provide architectural leadership, review designs, and prioritize the growth and development of your team members. You will be a strong mentor, nurturing an encouraging environment to enable the team to do their best work. You will enable a highly productive relationship among product management, design, and engineering. You have a relentless focus on user experience — you care that your team is building the features that will have the biggest impact on Meraki’s users.
Example Projects as an Engineering Manager:
- Holding regular one-on-ones with your team, ongoing coaching and mentorship, writing performance evaluations, and compensation planning.
- Planning and tracking timelines for your team, ensuring efficient execution and communicating to relevant partners when things change.
- Working with our recruiters on targeted hiring efforts to make sure your team can meet the needs of the business.
- Working with senior engineers on your team to determine the direction of Dashboard’s API. Growing it to enable large customers to take advantage of Meraki features at an enormous scale, locally and globally.
- Working alongside Product Management to craft a feature development strategy that caters to Meraki’s largest customers, Service Providers, while maintaining Dashboard’s core simplicity.
- Leading the team to develop a framework that ensures Dashboard works well in multiple languages. The challenge is maintaining high quality translations through the use of automation and developer tools so that ongoing developer involvement is minimal.
What You May Bring:
- Are interested in a leadership role because it allows you to work closely with others to help them achieve their best. Ideally, you have led teams of more than three people and are looking for an opportunity to take on more responsibility and lead a larger team.
- Have 5+ years of experience building systems that maintain a balance between time to market, usability, and incurring appropriate technical debt.
- Have experience writing code for large-scale production environments.
- Are adaptable and versatile, but also understand the business necessity of schedules, estimates, and deadlines.
- Have experience with one or more front-end frameworks such as React or Angular, and modern web frameworks like Ruby on Rails or Django.
Bonus If You Have Experience:
- Mentoring individuals at different stages of their career
- Networking technologies
- Working closely with Product Management, UX, or Design teams
- Data analytics systems