Director of Software Engineering (North America) at EDGE10 Group (Montreal, QC, Canada)
Location: Montreal, QC, Canada
Type: Full Time
Created: 2022-01-08 05:00:52
EDGE10 Group is perfecting human performance. We provide the worlds leading health, performance, and physical testing platform to organisations around the world, empowering them with actionable insights, leading to efficient, high-quality decision making.
As market leader, we work with organisations across the medical and performance spectrums, from elite to grass root teams and from armed forces to multi-national corporations. In sport alone, we work with 1,000+ teams from the leading and most prestigious leagues around such as the MLB, NHL, EPL, and MLS.
The group is growing rapidly and is now looking for a hands-on Head of Software Engineering who is passionate about leading world-class engineering teams, delivering secure, high quality, elegantly engineered applications that support and delight end users and who is interested in helping us to realise and build on the next stage in our product and technology journey.
You will need to be experienced in leading and growing software engineering teams in start-up and scale-up organisations. You will need to have a firm understanding of modern and emerging software technology and demonstrable experience in the architecturally sound application and integration of technology to cost-effectively create, deploy, manage, and evolve modern, elegant, flexible, secure and intuitive applications that perform and scale well. You will have the proven ability to support your team in creating and evolving exciting new high-quality high-performance applications, whilst addressing technical debt in the existing software technology base, and to deliver the applications roadmap that underpins EDGE10s product roadmap and ambitious growth plans.
What you will do
- Lead, manage, nurture the Montreal team
- Ensure we are writing secure code in accordance with our Secure Development Lifecycle
- Input into architectural decisions for ARMS Health product (EMR)
- Facilitate migrations to upgraded equipment, facilities and providers
- Provide technical direction and guidance across the Technology organization and wider group for our planned product innovations
- Continually evaluate software technology trends, their relevance to the sports medicine and sports science domains, their potential to enable the product roadmap, the longer-term product strategy and business vision
- Drive the identification, understanding, evaluation and selection of new and emerging software technologies, tools, practices, and techniques that are aligned to the groups architecture and technology selection principles
- Oversee from a technical perspective multiple parallel customer and product projects using our lean / agile project delivery model
- Oversee the consistently timely release of solutions and products into production environments and their smooth and managed migration into instrumented and monitored operational service and support
- Support project managers in assessing and managing project risks whilst overseeing resolution of technology-related project escalations
- Nurture strong working relationships with teams and individuals across the wider Technology organization, information security, product, sales, customer success and consulting organisations as well as key customers and external partners
- Support the sales function in preparing, costing and reviewing sales bids and, where required, presenting technical aspects of bids to prospective customers
- Drive the clear definition, adherence to and improvement of software development best practices
- Develop the technical knowledge of the Engineering team through relevant education and training, best practice sharing and regular technical reviews
- Drive a working culture of communication, trust, engagement, energy, innovation, learning, recognition, professionalism, and continuous improvement
What we offer
- Fast-paced work environment with creative freedom to implement your ideas
- Collaboration with recognized thought leaders making a real impact in this ever-evolving industry
- Flexible working hours and ability to work remotely
- Exciting working atmosphere in an ambitious, diverse, and agile team
- Personal development and training opportunities for realizing your career goals
We are looking for exceptional people. If you believe you can add value to our business, wed love to hear from you.
We love what we do. We want you too as well.
EDGE10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Excellent salary
- Participation in the EDGE10 Group Bonus Scheme (inc. equity)
- 20 days annual holiday
- Company health plan
- Long term service awards after 2, 5 and 10+ years of service
- Volunteering days