Software Engineer, Android Development, Fitbit at Google (London, UK)
Location: London, UK
Type: Full Time
Created: 2022-01-11 05:00:19
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, a related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience coding in a programming language (e.g., Java, Kotlin, C, C++, and/or Python)
- Experience in mobile apps, client architecture, or tools in the mobile space
- Experience in Android development in Kotlin and/or Java
- Experience with mobile apps
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Googles needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
The Fitbit Software Engineer team works on projects to help Fitbit Engineering improve the quality of the Fitbit mobile application on both Android and iOS, and build the foundations of future feature work. The initiatives that we launch and frameworks we build are key to helping Fitbit teams build components.
We work with other teams within the Fitbit product to ensure that we provide libraries and components of maximum benefit. On this team, you will help work on those projects as well as identify emerging ones.
Fitbits diverse line of innovative products of smartwatches, trackers and smart scale help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their health and fitness goals. Our products deliver personalized experiences, insights and guidance through leading software and interactive tools to support our users health and wellness. Partnering with Google will expand our resources and global platform, and we will be able to accelerate innovation in the wearables category to scale faster, and make health even more accessible to everyone.
- Write mobile applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
- Drive designs for major mobile components and features, and design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance mobile software solutions.
- Ensure a high-level of quality implementing unit and integration tests as well as other mobile software architecture best practices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to deliver features and products.
- Manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables.