Staff Software Engineer, Google Ads at Google (Mountain View, CA) (allows remote)
Location: Mountain View, CA
Type: Full Time
Created: 2022-01-11 05:00:21
Note: Googles hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:In-office locations: Mountain View, CA, USA; Irvine, CA, USA; New York, NY, USA.Remote location(s): California, USA; New York, USA.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of software development experience, or 8 years with an advanced degree.
- Experience working with Advertising platforms
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
- Technical leadership experience leading project teams and setting technical direction.
- Demonstrated expertise working with one or more of the following: Infrastructure, Machine Learning, Mobile Application Development, Embedded Systems, Front End Development, Security and Privacy.
- Experience with two or more of the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day.
As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Googles needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Google Ads is a self-service advertising platform that powers the open and free internet with the best technology to connect users and businesses everywhere. Google Ads helps businesses that desire to have search, display and video campaigns on Google and its advertising network, playing a critical role in Google's overall mission: helping to sustain a diversity of content and perspectives on the web and helping to keep the web universally accessible and free, as opposed to hidden behind paywalls.
The Google Ads team is constantly exploring, developing, and applying state of the art technologies to help publishers monetize their content and advertisers acquire engaged users. With the recent user privacy reforms, Google Ads has an opportunity to reshape the audience targeting business model on mobile devices.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Lead designs of major Ads software components, systems, and features.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the software.
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise.
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques, and coding standards.
- Help build a team and cultivate innovation by driving cross-collaboration and execution of projects across multiple teams.