Senior Backend Architect (m/f/d) at Motius GmbH (München, Deutschland)
Location: München, Deutschland
Type: Full Time
Created: 2022-01-14 05:00:24
From autonomous industrial robots to self-charging drones and chatbot platforms, we're building it and you can be part of it. Motius is a research and development company specializing in the development of products and prototypes in the latest tech fields (AI, IoT, AR/VR and many more). With the unique combination of a permanent core team and an interdisciplinary tech community, we reinvent R&D and develop the tech products of the future together with our customers.
As Senior Backend Architect (m/f/d) you're part of our Software Cluster and join our diverse R&D projects (each ~3-9 months duration) in small and agile teams as Lead Engineer. But in this role, you'll not only be part of 1 or 2 of our exciting Motius projects. By asking the right questions and using your comprehensive technical know-how, you will also work closely with our clients and our Sales and Partner Impact Team to develop initial product ideas and concrete technical solutions from vague problems. Internally we call this position Tech Specialist. You can find sample projects in our Motius Success Stories.
- Lead Backend Engineer in our R&D projects with engineering teams of 2-5 people
- Depending on your background and your preference, you are building complex production ready systems and digital solutions for a wide range of industries and for different use cases
- Defining the right tech stack and setting up the architecture for the new projects in close collaboration with our Sales & Partner Impact Team
- Following a two-weekly Scrum process using GitLab, Jira, Slack, Continous Integration & Delivery, etc., mostly working with the team in the HQ in Munich or remotely - we don't do customer-on-site consulting
- Mentoring and coaching engineers on Backend, Architecture & Cloud topics, making sure we build high quality products
- Constantly improving our Software cluster and building up knowledge by introducing new tools, best practices or frameworks and sharing learning from our projects
- University degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or in similar disciplines and at least 4 years of experience in agile development projects
- Experience with AWS, Azure, or GCP is a plus since some of our projects are built using AWS technologies like S3, SNS, SQS, Lambda, DynamoDB, Glue and CloudFront
- Knowledge of frontend development using tools like React and Vue is a plus and curiosity for our DevOps processes and infrastructure (Docker, Kubernetes, Rancher)
- Experience in engineering practices such as code refactoring, design patterns, design driven development, continuous integration, building highly scalable applications/digital product
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions for our clients
- Comfortable with ambiguity and rapid changes common in early-stage product development and strong command of English language (both verbal and written), German is a plus
- Unique and inspiring working culture with many smart engineers from diverse backgrounds (e.g. software developers, Embedded system engineers, Mechanical engineers, Computer Vision researchers etc.) coming from over 15 different countries
- Exciting insights into the markets, technologies and products of the future through collaboration with clients from a wide range of industries plus the opportunity to accelerate our clients' innovation cycles
- Fulltime & permanent employment as a Tech Specialist and a defined Talent Journey for your further development, as well as regular peer reviews
- Learning & development budget and our regular Tech Discovery for learning and discovering new technologies
- Pushing and realizing the topics that you're interested in and using Motius as a machine for that
- Other perks & benefits of a startup: Lots of flexibility and responsibility, flat hierarchies, regular teambuilding and company events, free access to our workshop area and also to Makerspace, you can find more details and reasons why you should join Motius in our latest blog post and on Instagram @team_motius.
We are looking forward to receiving your application with CV, motivation letter, possible start date and salary expectation.